Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Upgrading to Firmware version 15c and new DWC

Posted by Gary J 
Upgrading to Firmware version 15c and new DWC
September 22, 2016 09:49AM
Hi all
I am a complete novice to this 3d printing thing. After seeing the Fisher Delta at Wings and Wheels Model Aircraft Show displayed by Traplet I saw huge potential for designing and printing components for my rc aircraft projects. I have built the 3d printer and fitted a heatbed as ABS is more flexible and more suited to large model aircraft. My problem is that I cant get the DWC to display returned data after entering commands. Therefore as with computers I feel that I should upgrade the firmware and the DWC to the latest issues and hopefully this will resolve my issue.I realise that heat is a major part for getting printed objects right so would prefer to see a displayed temperature on the DWC.
As a complete numpty can someone help me to firstly ensure I have the correct files to enable update to 15c and secondly what action I need to take to ensure the firmware is flashed to the Fisher Delta printer. The information I have read already goes through Ardino software and seems a very arduous path. Is there a simpler method?
Your help would be very much appreciated.
Re: Upgrading to Firmware version 15c and new DWC
September 22, 2016 10:16AM
Hi Gary,

Assuming you are referring to building a Fisher printer (which normally has a Duet 0.6).

Firmware and DWC can be downloaded here - [github.com]

Process for doing the first upgrade - [reprappro.com]

Once you have loaded the latest version you can do further updates over the air through the DWC interface by uploading the bin file through your browser. The initial bossac load may not be needed depending on which version you already have installed but it's good to be setup for that in case you need to reload at some point if the browser was not working.

EDIT:
Side note about ABS, I found that to get reasonable ABS prints from my Fisher I needed to keep the heat in and stop any drafts etc. I did this my cutting up a large cardboard box to make a triangular box to stand around the printer. A bit like a cardboard coat for it smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2016 10:19AM by DADIY.

DC42 Kossel 330mm x 2meters
My Thingiverse Creations
September 22, 2016 11:43AM
If you are upgrading from a version of RRF prior to 1.12 and you want to connect your Duet to a Windows PC over USB then you should also install the device driver at [github.com].

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
September 23, 2016 08:02AM
Many thanks to DADIY and dc42 for your help. I currently has firmware 11c installed so I should be able to use DWC interface to update the firmware to 15c. Can I use this interface to upload the Latest DWC? I will download bossac from the web if you feel it is needed.
Thanks
September 23, 2016 08:07AM
You may be able to upload the new DWC by uploading the DuetWebControl.zip file through the Settings page of DWC.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
September 25, 2016 05:00PM
I have now made the changes to firmware and DWC and all works well after a few teething problems with the heater. But thanks to dc42 and DADIY the DWC now updates properly and feedback on commands is fast.
Many thanks Gary J.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login