Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How to control PSU with Duet 0.8.5 and SSR relay?

Posted by nikko4913 
How to control PSU with Duet 0.8.5 and SSR relay?
September 24, 2016 09:31AM
Hi!

Does anyone have experience with the feature to turn your PSU on/off? I'd really like to use it on my own setup, but i just can't find much information on it...
I bought a SSR relay for the purpose, as my PSU doesn't have the 'Optional' part like on the PSU in this picture: [uet_Duex4_wiring.svg" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">www.reprap.org]. I can't find any information on how to use those onboard pins to trigger the SSR relay, so i was hoping you guys maybe knew how to do that?

Thanks in advance smiling smiley
Re: How to control PSU with Duet 0.8.5 and SSR relay?
September 24, 2016 10:19AM
I haven't tried this exact setup, but I think the following should work. Connect the - control terminal of the SSR to the PS_ON output (the middle pin of the external 5V input connector) and the + control terminal of the SSR to either +5V (pin 1 on the expansion connector), +3.3V, or +12V. Most SSRs accept anything between 3V and around 30V on the control terminal, so it shouldn't matter which. Connect the AC terminals of the SSR in series with the live side of the AC mains feed to the PSU. Also connect a heavy duty mains-voltage momentary-action push button in parallel with the SSR AC terminals. I suggest at least a 250V 10A AC rating for the push button because of the current surge taken by the power supply when it starts up.

Put command M80 right at the start of the config.g file.

To turn the printer on, press and hold the push button for about 1 second. To turn it off, execute M81.

HTH David

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Re: How to control PSU with Duet 0.8.5 and SSR relay?
September 24, 2016 01:48PM
Thank you! Just tried that, and i worked smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login