Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Lost connection to Duet

Posted by joestefano 
Lost connection to Duet
October 04, 2016 08:00PM
I installed a new Linksys router for my home network. I'm not able to connect to my duet using the Web Interface. I am running 1.15c and 1.12. I connected my duet directly to the router switch vs my mini wifi and still nothing. In the past I would have to change my ip address periodically to get a connection but I tried that. Not sure what to try next. My duet wifi is connecting fine to the new network. M552 shows the network enabled.
Re: Lost connection to Duet
October 04, 2016 09:26PM
the default IP address of a linksys is 192.168.1.1 Does your Duet have an address that is 192.168.1.x in the config file? also it uses 255.255.255.0 for default gateway.If you have more than one Duet, you may need to change the last octet of the mac address as I believe they are all the same. I think I read that on a site for the duet.
October 05, 2016 06:53AM
Yes, the ip address I have always used is 192.168.1.xx and my mac is different. I get a "err connect timed out" Could something be blocking it? Is there a way of pinging it to see if it is working? It was working before I changed the router.
October 05, 2016 07:32AM
Have you tried setting the IP address to all zeros so that the Duet uses DHCP?

I wonder if the router could be objecting to the MAC address because the default one has the "locally administered" bit set? See [en.wikipedia.org].

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
October 05, 2016 10:58AM
What Version of DUET do you have (You suggest that it is a DuetWiFi) and if it is then you need to go through setting it up for the WiFi again

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/2016 10:59AM by dougal1957.
October 05, 2016 11:38AM
Taz-dig
the default IP address of a linksys is 192.168.1.1 Does your Duet have an address that is 192.168.1.x in the config file? also it uses 255.255.255.0 for default gateway.If you have more than one Duet, you may need to change the last octet of the mac address as I believe they are all the same. I think I read that on a site for the duet.

The 255.255.255.0 is the network mask. The default IP address used for a gateway will be the same as the router's address unless you configure it different.
October 05, 2016 12:37PM
Thanks David, changing the IP address to all zeros worked.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login