Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

building reprapfirmware can't find the binary file??

building reprapfirmware can't find the binary file??
October 29, 2016 11:47PM
hi all,
as the topic described, when I compiling the reprapfirmware, I cant find the bin file which created after building. see, I can build the CoreNG and Reprapfirmware both successfully. But
after building, does it generate the binary file automatically? if it dose, where can i find this file? many thanks!
Re: building reprapfirmware can't find the binary file??
October 30, 2016 08:27AM
Which github repository are you building the firmware from?

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
October 30, 2016 09:03AM
hello, Mr. dc42, it's nice to have your reply! I admire you so much. Thank you. The firmware I used was from these links: [github.com] and [github.com].
October 30, 2016 09:44AM
In Eclipse you need to select the build configuration for both projects according to which Duet you are building firmware for. If you select SAM3X8E (for the Duet 0.6 or 0.8.5) then the RepRapFirmware.bin file is created in the SAM3X8E subfolder of the RepRapFirmware folder in the Eclipse workspace. Similarly the SAM4E8E configuration for the Duet WiFi is build in the RepRapFirmware/SAM4E8£ folder.

HTH David

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

October 30, 2016 09:35PM
dc42
In Eclipse you need to select the build configuration for both projects according to which Duet you are building firmware for. If you select SAM3X8E (for the Duet 0.6 or 0.8.5) then the RepRapFirmware.bin file is created in the SAM3X8E subfolder of the RepRapFirmware folder in the Eclipse workspace. Similarly the SAM4E8E configuration for the Duet WiFi is build in the RepRapFirmware/SAM4E8£ folder.

HTH David

hello, David, yes I am using Eclipse to compile the project. I followed your instruction above to select SAM3X8E in the build configuration , but I still can't find the RepRapFirmware.bin file in the SAM3X8E subfolder, after I built the CoreNG and the Reprapfirmware project, I got three files updated in this folder:C:\Users\pei\workspace\RepRapFirmware\SAM3X_CoreNG, called: "makefile, objects, sources".
October 31, 2016 05:26PM
When you build RepRapFirmware, what are the last 20 or so lines displayed in the Console window?

November 01, 2016 02:22AM
There is no error or warning message in the console of both the the CoreNG and Reprapfirmware, see these pictures: ,
November 01, 2016 02:36AM
Try doing a rebuild or a clean and build, then post the end of the console window output.

November 02, 2016 11:45AM
dc42
Try doing a rebuild or a clean and build, then post the end of the console window output.
it says:
23:43:27 **** Clean-only build of configuration SAM3X_CoreNG for project RepRapFirmware ****
make clean

23:43:27 Build Finished (took 104ms)

23:43:28 **** Incremental Build of configuration SAM3X_CoreNG for project RepRapFirmware ****
make all

23:43:28 Build Finished (took 98ms)
November 02, 2016 11:55AM
Or I need to do something with the makefile in the SAM3X_CoreNG folder to creat the binary file?
November 03, 2016 01:45PM
It looks to me that the 'make' command isn't doing anything. One of the oddities with Eclipse is that it expects you to provide your own make.exe program.Do you know what make.exe file it is using on your system?

Eclipse should build the makefile itself in the SAM3X_CoreNG folder. Mine looks like the following. This is for the 1.16RC1 build. HTH - David

################################################################################
# Automatically-generated file. Do not edit!
################################################################################

-include ../makefile.init

RM := rm -rf

# All of the sources participating in the build are defined here
-include sources.mk
-include src/Storage/subdir.mk
-include src/Movement/subdir.mk
-include src/Libraries/sha1/subdir.mk
-include src/Libraries/Math/subdir.mk
-include src/Libraries/MCP4461/subdir.mk
-include src/Libraries/General/subdir.mk
-include src/Libraries/Fatfs/subdir.mk
-include src/Heating/subdir.mk
-include src/GCodes/subdir.mk
-include src/Duet/Lwip/lwip/src/netif/ppp/subdir.mk
-include src/Duet/Lwip/lwip/src/netif/subdir.mk
-include src/Duet/Lwip/lwip/src/core/snmp/subdir.mk
-include src/Duet/Lwip/lwip/src/core/ipv4/subdir.mk
-include src/Duet/Lwip/lwip/src/core/subdir.mk
-include src/Duet/Lwip/lwip/src/api/subdir.mk
-include src/Duet/Lwip/contrib/apps/netbios/subdir.mk
-include src/Duet/Lwip/contrib/apps/mdns/subdir.mk
-include src/Duet/EMAC/subdir.mk
-include src/Duet/subdir.mk
-include src/subdir.mk
-include subdir.mk
-include objects.mk

ifneq ($(MAKECMDGOALS),clean)
ifneq ($(strip $(C++_DEPS)),)
-include $(C++_DEPS)
endif
ifneq ($(strip $(C_DEPS)),)
-include $(C_DEPS)
endif
ifneq ($(strip $(CC_DEPS)),)
-include $(CC_DEPS)
endif
ifneq ($(strip $(CPP_DEPS)),)
-include $(CPP_DEPS)
endif
ifneq ($(strip $(CXX_DEPS)),)
-include $(CXX_DEPS)
endif
ifneq ($(strip $(C_UPPER_DEPS)),)
-include $(C_UPPER_DEPS)
endif
endif

-include ../makefile.defs

# Add inputs and outputs from these tool invocations to the build variables

# All Target
all: RepRapFirmware.elf

# Tool invocations
RepRapFirmware.elf: $(OBJS) $(USER_OBJS)
@echo 'Building target: $@'
@echo 'Invoking: Cross G++ Linker'
arm-none-eabi-gcc -L"C:\Eclipse\Firmware\CoreNG\SAM3X8E" -Os -Wl,--gc-sections -Wl,--fatal-warnings -mcpu=cortex-m3 -TC:\Eclipse\Firmware\CoreNG\variants\duet\linker_scripts\gcc\flash.ld -Wl,-Map,C:\Eclipse\Firmware\RepRapFirmware\SAM3X_CoreNG/RepRapFirmware.map -o "RepRapFirmware.elf" -mthumb -Wl,--cref -Wl,--check-sections -Wl,--gc-sections -Wl,--entry=Reset_Handler -Wl,--unresolved-symbols=report-all -Wl,--warn-common -Wl,--warn-section-align -Wl,--warn-unresolved-symbols -Wl,--start-group C:\Eclipse\Firmware\CoreNG\SAM3X8E\cores\arduino\syscalls.o $(OBJS) $(USER_OBJS) $(LIBS) -Wl,--end-group -lm -gcc
@echo 'Finished building target: $@'
@echo ' '
$(MAKE) --no-print-directory post-build

# Other Targets
clean:
-$(RM) $(C++_DEPS)$(OBJS)$(C_DEPS)$(CC_DEPS)$(CPP_DEPS)$(EXECUTABLES)$(CXX_DEPS)$(C_UPPER_DEPS) RepRapFirmware.elf
-@echo ' '

post-build:
-@echo 'Generating binary file'
-arm-none-eabi-objcopy -O binary C:\Eclipse\Firmware\RepRapFirmware\SAM3X_CoreNG/RepRapFirmware.elf C:\Eclipse\Firmware\RepRapFirmware\SAM3X_CoreNG/RepRapFirmware.bin
-@echo ' '

.PHONY: all clean dependents
.SECONDARY: post-build

-include ../makefile.targets

November 04, 2016 07:10AM
yes, the make.exe file I'm using was from "arduino-1.5.8\hardware\arduino\sam\system\CMSIS\Examples\cmsis_example\gcc_arm" .
The makefile created from my build is exactly the same as yours! could you please capture a picture of the folder " C:\Users\pei\workspace\RepRapFirmware\SAM3X_CoreNG" in your computer after building the project? I want to see how it look like and compare with mine, thank you.
And here is mine:

November 20, 2016 11:29PM
hello,David~
the problem have been solved by changing the "Current builder"(Properties>C/C++ build>Tool Chain Editor>Current builder) from "Gnu make builder" to "CDT Internal builder".
and it generates the bin file in the Reprapfirmware>SAM3X_CoreNG folder.

but there is still two warnings after build:

do they matter?
November 21, 2016 02:45AM
I'm glad you solved it. Those two warnings are normal when building for the wired Duet.

November 21, 2016 09:45PM
ok, I see. Thank you very much for your help~~~~
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login