Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

DWC 1.12 and Safari on MacOS Sierra

Posted by PDBeal 
DWC 1.12 and Safari on MacOS Sierra
November 08, 2016 09:44AM
Updated the printer that my wife has been using last night to the RepRapFirmware-1.15e and DWC 1.12. Everything worked ok for me when I setup the firmware and tuned the heaters, but apparently she is not able to connect to the printer with Safari on her MacBook running MacOS Sierra. The page loads, but clicking the connect button doesn't do anything. I'm assuming this is an AJAX issue, but this was working fine with RepRapFirmware-1.11 and DWC 1.11.

It works if she uses chrome on MacOS.
Re: DWC 1.12 and Safari on MacOS Sierra
November 08, 2016 10:41AM
It works for me in Safari Version 10.0.1 (12602.2.14.0.7) on Sierra or at least it connects and can Home OK I am on FW 1.15e and DWC 1.13 RC3

Doug
November 08, 2016 10:47AM
I'll give it a try with DWC 1.13 RC3. I wasn't sure if DWC 1.13 RC3 was compatible with 1.15e.
November 08, 2016 11:40AM
DWC 1.13RC3 is not compatible with RRF 1.15e. However, DWC 1.13 and RRF 1.16 are now released and I am about to announce them in a new thread on this forum.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
November 10, 2016 08:13AM
Seems to still be an issue with RepRapFirmware 1.16 and DWC 1.13 on Safari 10.0.1 on MacOS Sierra. I wonder if there's something missing in terms of java for MacOS Sierra or some setting that's turned on for Safari 10.0.1.
November 10, 2016 09:00AM
Mine seems to work just fine (Tho I do tend to use Chrome from my Windows box is there anything in particular that doesn't work (So I can try it just to confirm if it is a machine or Safari issue) Just tried an Edit of the Config.g file and it did what I would expect upload it and ask if a re-boot of the DUET is needed.

I am on a DUET WiFi if that makes any difference?

Doug
November 10, 2016 11:05AM
The initial page loads in safari, but it doesn't auto-connect like it does on my windows pc and clicking the connect button doesn't do anything. There is what looks like a no symbol at the bottom of the mouse pointer when you hover it over the connect button. It's my wife's laptop that has this issue, but I don't really know how to make safari tell me what isn't working or if it blocked something. I know this DWC uses AJAX, and I've run into this not working on iOS on my iPad, but I'm beginning to wonder if Safari is blocking something or stopping the AJAX scripts.
November 10, 2016 04:59PM
Does Safari have a developer console so that you can check for exceptions etc. like Chrome, Firefox, Edge etc. do?

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

November 10, 2016 09:41PM
It does, although it's not turned on by default. I tried several ways to copy these log entries with no luck. However, I did take a screenshot that shows the error messages. Based on this, I imagine there might be some error log about the Duet 0.8.5 connection that you'll need next. This system works with Chrome and Firefox, but not Safari on MacOS. And this only stopped working when I upgraded from RepRapFirmware 1.11 to 1.15e and still an issue with 1.16. IT was working with 1.11 and older on the Duet 0.8.5.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/10/2016 09:46PM by PDBeal.
November 11, 2016 06:39AM
1) Try to clear your browser cache
2) Copy the DWC files manually to your /www directory once more
3) If that doesn't help, connect a USB cable to your printer, open the serial console and check for error messages. If you get any, post them here

DWC 1.13 and RRF 1.16 are working well on my Duet 0.6, so I need more information to get an idea why you get those problems.
November 11, 2016 10:25AM
PDBeal
It does, although it's not turned on by default. I tried several ways to copy these log entries with no luck. However, I did take a screenshot that shows the error messages. Based on this, I imagine there might be some error log about the Duet 0.8.5 connection that you'll need next. This system works with Chrome and Firefox, but not Safari on MacOS. And this only stopped working when I upgraded from RepRapFirmware 1.11 to 1.15e and still an issue with 1.16. IT was working with 1.11 and older on the Duet 0.8.5.

[attachment 86019 Safari_Error.png]

Those messages indicate that a whole bunch of files are failing to load. I wonder whether Safari is asking to load more files concurrently than the web server on the Duet can handle? In which case, combining all the .js files and all the .css files into one of each (as we do on the Duet WiFi) may help.

November 11, 2016 11:14AM
This is the console output from the Duet 0.8.5 from Pronterface

Connecting...
Printer is now online.
Max open file count exceeded.
Webserver: rejecting message with: not found
Network: Connection error, code -10

Was the additional files something that changed between 1.11 and 1.12+? The setup was working with 1.11, but stopped with 1.12 and higher.
November 11, 2016 11:31AM
The maximum number of open files supported in RRF has always been 10 AFAIR, but the number of files used by DWC has increased. Anyway, your trace seems to confirm the problem, and the mechanism to combine all the .js and .css files to reduce the file count is already implemented for the Duet WiFi. So it should be easy to do it for the wired Duet as well.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2016 11:33AM by dc42.

December 19, 2016 04:26PM
FYI RepRapFirmware 1.17RC3 and DWC 1.14 will reduce the number of separate files loaded, and hopefully avoid this issue with Safari.

December 20, 2016 03:39AM
David

is RC3 and DWC 1.14 released yet can't find it in your Github?

Doug
December 20, 2016 03:03PM
They are not released yet.

December 23, 2016 12:56PM
I can confirm using RepRapFirmware 1.17-RC3 and DWC 1.14-b4, Safari on macOS Sierra is able to connect again.
December 23, 2016 01:26PM
Thanks for testing it! Another one I can tick off.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login