Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Intermittent access to Duet 6.0 web interface

Posted by SSMagic 
Intermittent access to Duet 6.0 web interface
November 15, 2016 07:50PM
I have been experiencing some intermittent difficulty in gaining web access to the Duet control interface on my RepRap Fisher.

I'm currently working with the following configuration but had the same problem before upgrading from Firmware Version 1.12 and earlier web interface.

Firmware Name: RepRapFirmware for Duet
Firmware Electronics: Duet 0.6
Firmware Version: 1.16 (2016-11-08)
Web Interface Version: 1.13

When I access the browser's shortcut to my reprapfisher I frequently get either the error message:

This site can’t be reached

reprapfisher’s server DNS address could not be found.
Search Google for reprap fisher
ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

Or if the web interface is open after a reset following some configuration changes for example I get::

Error

Could not establish a connection to the Duet firmware! Please check your settings and try again.

I have tried both of the following IP configurations with the same result, they will sometimes connect but more often will not and I have to frequently power cycle the Fisher before a connection is again established.

M552 P192.168.0.33 ; use IP Addressing
M554 P192.168.0.1 ; Gateway
M553 P255.255.255.0 ; Netmask

M552 P0.0.0.0 ; use DHCP
M554 P192.168.0.1 ; Gateway

My router IP matches the Gateway address

Any suggestions please?

SSMagic

Fisher Beta, upgraded to Fisher 1 with heatbed and full fan control
Re: Intermittent access to Duet 6.0 web interface
November 15, 2016 09:15PM
When you can't connect via the printer name, have you tried the IPhone address? I have the same issue at times, but it is just the name didn't register with the router, but you can still connect via IPhone.
November 16, 2016 03:58AM
ElmoC
When you can't connect via the printer name, have you tried the IPhone address? I have the same issue at times, but it is just the name didn't register with the router, but you can still connect via IPhone.

I suspect the spell checker got at that message and "iPhone" was meant to be "ip". I guess he composed it on an Apple computer. smiling smiley

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
November 16, 2016 05:34AM
dc42
ElmoC

I suspect the spell checker got at that message and "iPhone" was meant to be "ip". I guess he composed it on an Apple computer. smiling smiley

Actually, it was an Android phone, but yes, that was suppose to be IP and not IPhone.
November 16, 2016 07:35AM
Thanks for your help, cracked it I think!

Had to rule out the IPhone addressing... I've got an Android! eye rolling smiley

I have used ElmoC's suggestion of using the IP address for the web link, but I also applied a bit of logic, I ordered the IP commands in ascending order of the corresponding M Codes

e.g.

M540 P0xBE:0xFF:0xFF:0xFF:0xFF:0x01 ; MAC Address (must be unique on your network)
M550 Preprapfisher ; Machine name (can be anything you like)
M551 Preprap ; Machine password (used for FTP)
M552 P192.168.0.33 ; use IP Addressing
M554 P192.168.0.1 ; Gateway (Same as router address!)

Up to now web access is much more reliable!

SSMagic

Fisher Beta, upgraded to Fisher 1 with heatbed and full fan control
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login