Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

DWC - Unable to move files to directories

Posted by PDBeal 
DWC - Unable to move files to directories
November 16, 2016 09:16PM
In 1.11 DWC, it was possible to drag and drop a file from the G-Code Files area into a directory to somewhat organize the gcode files on the SD card. It appears in the latest 1.13, that functionality is no longer working and reports the following error message in the G-Code Console. I've tried this is Chrome and Firefox with the same result from both browsers.

"Can't rename file or directory 0:/gcodes/SAX_FE_Drakkar_Bow_Stern.gcode to 0:/gcodes/Drakkar/SAX_FE_Drakkar_Bow_Stern.gcode"

Beyond just posting here, is there an actual place to submit a bug for DWC?
Re: DWC - Unable to move files to directories
November 17, 2016 03:03AM
You could raise an issue on GitHub here [github.com]. However, it may well be a bug in RRF not DWC. I'll check it out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/17/2016 03:05AM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
November 18, 2016 06:24AM
Thanks for your report, I'll fix it in my next RRF release.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2016 06:27AM by chrishamm.
November 18, 2016 05:42PM
The reason is that DWC now includes the volume identifier at the start of both the old and the new path, and the FatFS library used by RRF objects to having a volume identifier at the start of the new path. Logically there shouldn't be one in the new path, because you can't rename a file across different volumes. So it probably ought to be fixed in DWC; but it's also possible to fix it in RRF by stripping off the volume identifier.

EDIT: I have added the workaround in the 1.17-dev5 build of RRF, which is now available for the Duet WiFi on github.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/19/2016 05:36AM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login