Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The next platform for Duet?

Posted by unromeo21 
The next platform for Duet?
November 28, 2016 06:37AM
I was just reading about this a couple of days ago .. It could be the base for the next generation 3d controllers. Maybe a little overkill, but future features will definitely benefit from the multi core platform.

[www.rs-online.com]
[uk.rs-online.com]

What do you think ?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2016 06:38AM by unromeo21.
Re: The next platform for Duet?
November 28, 2016 05:25PM
We are already looking at the next generation Duet design and it will almost certainly get a processor upgrade. Currently that one costs more than £19 if we buy 500 so it's too expensive. I think multi core will eventually come to the Duet, but it's more likely to be asymmetric multi core.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2016 05:25PM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
November 28, 2016 05:42PM
They say it is a similar layout to the Due and Mega boards, but it makes me wonder if it would work with the RADDS board for the Due. It would probably have to be a completely different firmware fork to utilize the additional processors but it is an interesting read nevertheless. Shame that I was not able to find a US supplier for one of these boards though, could have been nice to tinker with one.
November 29, 2016 06:57AM
PDBeal
They say it is a similar layout to the Due and Mega boards, but it makes me wonder if it would work with the RADDS board for the Due. It would probably have to be a completely different firmware fork to utilize the additional processors but it is an interesting read nevertheless. Shame that I was not able to find a US supplier for one of these boards though, could have been nice to tinker with one.

Software support for the RADDS_RRF branch is already in deep sleep. Hard to imagine someone will show up to port it to any other processor. ( Arduino Star Otto would do )
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login