Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Proximity sensor Duet V0.6

Posted by RSS 
RSS
Proximity sensor Duet V0.6
December 08, 2016 04:36AM
I rebuilt my Prusa in September 2016,after the Melzi board failed about 13 months ago, buying a Duet 6 with the proximity sensor and proximity loom from the RepRap Pro shop.

Mostly it now works, the problems were all mine and the rewiring I had to do (crimp terminals not screw! Crimping was an art I had not mastered). I can print providing I manually set the Z homing.

Now I am trying to fit the IR proximity sensor for Z axis and am puzzled as to how to get it to work.

Doing manual trials a G31 code always returns 0. The wiring all checks out for continuity and follows the pattern on the Huxley /Duet website. (ie on E0 endstop pins and extensionpins 39 /41
Putting a multimeter on the various wires as suggested in the Trouble Shooting guide shows the correct readings except the red wire which remains stubbornly zero

Can any one shed light on what I may be doing wrong ( either wiring or telling the Duet I have a type 1 sensor when it ought to be type 2 ) or is it likely that I have simply got a failed sensor?

After 3 solid days of experiments, I have simply lost track of what's been tried and failed.

Robin
Re: Proximity sensor Duet V0.6
December 09, 2016 03:14PM
do you have an m558 in ur code
i have two line that i think have to do with endstops

M558 P2 ; Use a modulated Z probe
M574 X1 Y1 Z0 S1

hope that will help.

Delta Printer
Duet 0.8.5 firmware 1.19
December 09, 2016 04:01PM
1. If the proximity sensor uses 4 wires to connect to the Duet, it is a type 2. If it uses 3 wires, it is a type 1.

2. Check that you have the correct proximity sensor connections. If it is a type 2, see [reprappro.com] and [reprappro.com].

3. Make sure that the firmware you have is not too old, because the wiring changed many versions ago. You should have at least 1.09. Current is 1.16.

4. Also see [duet3d.com].

HTH David

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
RSS
January 03, 2017 06:44PM
Thanks for the suggestions.

After a great deal of fiddling and trying all the suggestions, the proximity sensor still eludes me. ( the delay is caused by the effects of the hospital treatments, which can make concentrating a bit hit and miss)

Now when I make the connection to the Duet the z sensor readout on the web connection form reads a varying number beteen 25( 281) and about 30(390). When I connect the sensor up to the connector it reads 0 (0) even if I send G31. So I get some sort of reading if the sensor is removed from the loom or if the loom is removed from the Duet, but not when the sensor is connected.

I have replaced the connectors twice in case it was a problem with the connection but the results don't vary. Sometimes I can get results when the sensor is wiggled on the connection but I'm not sure if this indicates a problem with the board (Ie I'm getting a 'disconnected' signal because the wiggling is disconnecting the sensor or whether it indicates That I have a defective sensor.

The documentation states that under certain circumstances of shorting out the pins I should get an reading of 1021, but I am seeing 1023..

Now that reprappro is no longer in the market, where can I get another sensor, or should I just move to one of the other sensors available (Mini IR height sensor perhaps)?

I've also found that the printer is now only printing 2 layers successfully, the third and subsequent layers indicate that the extrusion is too cold, and it just blobs. I take it that this may be the result of the temperature change in the office, from around 21 to around 15 and draughts over the print bed. and I assume that any link to the proximity problem is entirely coincidental.

Robin
January 04, 2017 03:24AM
I think either your sensor is faulty, or mis-wired, or there is a broken connection in the wire that feeds +3.3V to it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2017 03:24AM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
January 05, 2017 02:03AM
Rpp is stil on business do some search. .Also david has a proximity sensor just click on his signature.

Delta Printer
Duet 0.8.5 firmware 1.19
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login