Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New firmware 1.17 RC1

Posted by dc42 
New firmware 1.17 RC1
December 12, 2016 10:56AM
I have just released this at [github.com] for the Duet WiFi and [github.com] for the wired Duet (as usual, follow the link to the version you want and then press Raw to download it). Here is a summary of new features since 1.16:
  • Implemented grid compensation. Use M557 to define a grid, G29 to probe the grid and save and activate the height map file, G29 S1 to load and activate a height map file, and G29 S2 or M561 to clear the height map. For compatibility with other firmwares, you can also use M374 to save the height map and M375 to load the height map. Grid compensation can be tapered using the M376 command.
  • M500, M501 and M502 now save parameters in SD card file /sys/config_override.g instead of in flash memory. The parameters saved and restored are the M307 auto tune results, the PID parameters, if you used M301 to override the ones generated form the M307 model, Delta printer M665 and M666 settings, and the G31 trigger height, trigger value and X and Y offsets. The M501 auto save option has been removed.
  • Removed S and T parameters from M301 command, also M301 with negative P parameter no longer sets bang-bang mode. Use the M307 command instead.
  • Added P parameter to the G31 command to specify Z probe type. This allows you to view the parameters for the Z probe(s) and to set parameters for a particular Z probe type without selecting that type. G31 P or G31 P0 prints the parameters of the currently-selected Z probe.
  • Z probe offsets are now applied during G30 probing with specified XY coordinates, including during delta auto calibration. You may need to adjust your auto calibration points to allow for this.
  • Z probe recovery time can be configured using the M558 R parameter. The head will pause for this length of time after moving to over the probe point and before starting to probe.
  • G30 S-1 how prints the stopped height
  • Implemented M401 and M402
  • Removed M201 maximum average printing acceleration parameter
  • M571 command (set output on extrude) can now use any pin that supports PWM. Use the P parameter to specify the logical pin number. You can also specify the PWM frequency using the F parameter.
  • Added exception handlers and store a software reset code when an exception occurs. Previously an exception caused a watchdog reset.
  • Increased default maximum temperature excursion form 10C to 15C
  • M104 and M109 now default to tool 0 if no tool is specified or active instead of giving an error message
  • M109 activates the tool if it was not already active
  • M191 (set chamber temperature and wait) is now supported. However you may wish instead to use M141 followed by M116 later to wait for all temperatures.
  • M109, M109 and M191 commands support both R and S parameters as Marlin does. If you specify temperature using the S parameter, then the system will only wait until temperature is reached if the temperature is below target. If you use the R parameter instead, it will wait if cooling down too.
  • M143 now takes an H parameter to specify the heater whose temperature limit you are setting. If it is not provided then heater 1 is assumed.
  • You can now specify a Stenhart-Hart C coefficient in the M305 command, for better thermistor accuracy over a wide temperature range. If you do use a non-zero C coefficient then you will need to change the B (beta) parameter as well. The B parameter should be the reciprocal of the Steinhart-Hart B coefficient.
  • The thermistor disconnected detection now takes account of the thermistor parameters configured with M305. This should allow the Dyze thermistor to be used without getting so many 'thermistor disconnected' reports. You may need to use a small negative H parameter in your M305 command to make it reliable.
  • Multiple commands from different sources that do not interfere are executed concurrently. Previously, only a few status reporting commands could be executed concurrently with other commands.
  • Fixed bad JSON message during printing when there were no active extruders
  • Fixed reset reason text because on the Duet WiFi a watchdog reset can look like an external reset
  • Fixed bug: software reset codes were not stored or retrieve on the Duet WiFi
  • Fixed bug: M300 now causes a beep on PanelDue again (was broken in 1.16).
Important! See the upgrade notes at [github.com] before upgrading to this release.

The recommended web interface is still DWC 1.13. For the Duet WiFi, the recommended web server is still 1.03-ch.

Please report any new bugs in this thread (do not report old bugs here unless I have previously indicated that they will be fixed in 1.17). If no serious bugs are reported, I will release 1.17 a few days from now.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2016 10:58AM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Re: New firmware 1.17 RC1
December 14, 2016 07:12AM
That's a great news! Thanks for all hard work!
Grid compensation sounds cool, I definitely have an uneven bed (sombrero-shape to about 50um). Where can I read about how to set things up on a delta?
I am still running FW 1.13, didn't have time to upgrade yet, so what should I pay attention to by jumping to 1.17? I guess I will have to retune the heaters, right? Any guides on this?
December 14, 2016 05:06PM
Teilchen
That's a great news! Thanks for all hard work!
Grid compensation sounds cool, I definitely have an uneven bed (sombrero-shape to about 50um). Where can I read about how to set things up on a delta?
I am still running FW 1.13, didn't have time to upgrade yet, so what should I pay attention to by jumping to 1.17? I guess I will have to retune the heaters, right? Any guides on this?

Read the upgrade notes that I linked to in the first post, and see [duet3d.com] for tuning the heaters. I will write a page on using grid compensation soon, in the mean time there is a post about it in this forum.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

December 14, 2016 08:10PM
Does this include a fix/work-a-round for the drag and dropping of files In the DWC G-Code Files area, or is that being addressed in DWC 1.14+?

Does it address the PanelDue update issues when its starting a print and you change screen pages and nothing updates until after the temperatures are done heating?

I looked through the notes on GitHub, but didn't see these two items.
December 15, 2016 02:26AM
PDBeal
Does this include a fix/work-a-round for the drag and dropping of files In the DWC G-Code Files area, or is that being addressed in DWC 1.14+?

Yes it includes a workaround. This went in one of the 1.17 dev builds.

PDBeal
Does it address the PanelDue update issues when its starting a print and you change screen pages and nothing updates until after the temperatures are done heating?

I looked through the notes on GitHub, but didn't see these two items.

It addresses the PanelDue update issues in the main cases, but updating will still be paused in some cases that involve multiple commands. It's listed in the GitHub log as execution of commands from multiple sources concurrently.

December 15, 2016 08:14AM
Will this firmware also fix the connection issues with Safari receiving the file not found errors from forums.reprap.org or is that something that has to change in the DWC? I know you said this was already done with the Duet Wifi, but I didn't recall seeing a wifi only version of DWC.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2016 08:17AM by PDBeal.
December 15, 2016 10:11AM
Such a big addon like grid compensation deserves a new FW number. Isn't it time for RRF 2.0? smiling smiley

I'll get a Duet for my next project for sure ! ( Tripteron Laser Engraver )
How hard would it be to define a 5-axis machine?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2016 10:15AM by o_lampe.
December 15, 2016 05:46PM
PDBeal
Will this firmware also fix the connection issues with Safari receiving the file not found errors from forums.reprap.org or is that something that has to change in the DWC? I know you said this was already done with the Duet Wifi, but I didn't recall seeing a wifi only version of DWC.

No, that requires a change to DWC to combine some of the css and js files so that there are fewer files to load. It's not hard to do yourself if you have a basic familiarity with html. I'll ask chrishamm if he plans to make that change in DWC 1.14.

December 15, 2016 05:48PM
o_lampe
Such a big addon like grid compensation deserves a new FW number. Isn't it time for RRF 2.0? smiling smiley

I'll get a Duet for my next project for sure ! ( Tripteron Laser Engraver )
How hard would it be to define a 5-axis machine?

RRF supports up to 6 axes as of version 1.16. What will the 4th and 5th axes be used for?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2016 05:48PM by dc42.

December 16, 2016 10:31AM

What will the 4th and 5th axes be used for?

I think of using two servos on the effector to be able to engrave round and spherical objects.
But at first it will be a 3-axis engraver able to engrave on a more_or_less flat surface. ( eg. raw cut wood )
VDX
December 16, 2016 10:53AM
... look at the egg-bot ( [egg-bot.com] ) - it's no problem to engrave round/spherical objects with a 3-axis machine winking smiley

But yes, 5- or even 6-axis controllers were a big step ahead ... especially if you have a software with the ability to generate 5-/6-axis G-code!

I have a comercial controller+firmware with up to 32 axes, from which 6 could be driven synchrone ... but lack of proper NC-files confused smiley

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
December 16, 2016 08:02PM
David

At the beginning of this post, you write :
"Implemented grid compensation. Use M557 to define a grid, G29 to probe the grid and save and activate the height map file, G29 S1 to load and activate a height map file, and G29 S2 or M561 to clear the height map. For compatibility with other firmwares, you can also use M374 to save the height map and M375 to load the height map. Grid compensation can be tapered using the M376 command."

I've just finished the building of my cartesain printer. Duet 0.6 with v1.16 firmware, PanelDue etc ..

For the moment, I use a bed.g file with 5 points. Is it possible to use more ?
I use H parameter (in BED.G file). Is H parameter implemented for correction on probe points on cartesian printer ?

and in the BED.G file, I use G30 to probe the grid. Is it correct ? What is the difference with use of G29 ?
December 17, 2016 04:17AM
G29 allow many more points, but their positions are computed automatically. So there is no possibility of using trigger height correction except by editing the heightmap.csv file manually.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login