Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

E1 heater and PWM fan LEDs always on

Posted by DrPFF 
E1 heater and PWM fan LEDs always on
December 12, 2016 05:54PM
This is on a freshly-built Dbot printer. At the moment I am only using 1 extruder so I have commented out all of the sections in the config file related to the second one. When I'm in the web interface only the one heater shows up, as expected, and it works fine. The strange thing is that the LED signaling that heater #2 is ON is lit up all the time as well as the second PWM fan LED. I checked with a multimeter and the heater 2 pins are outputting 12 V. What could cause this?

I'm running 1.16 Firmware with 1.11 web interface as shown in the picture.
Attachments:
open | download - IMG_5138.jpg (533.4 KB)
open | download - Screen Shot 2016-12-12 at 5.47.59 PM.png (157.3 KB)
Re: E1 heater and PWM fan LEDs always on
December 12, 2016 06:24PM
Check your endstop connections are correct. I am far from an expert, but I seem to recall incorrectly wired endstops being implicated in problems like this.
December 12, 2016 10:55PM
I have the these switches, wired with colors matching the attached diagram, and my firmware settings for endstops are in the attached screen shot. The endstops all work as is though...
Attachments:
open | download - 780px-Duet_0.8.5_wiring.jpg (148.2 KB)
open | download - Screen Shot 2016-12-12 at 10.08.47 PM.png (66.5 KB)
December 13, 2016 12:11AM
I'd wait till someone who's actually knowledgeable on this chimes in, but if you want to rule it out completely try unplugging your switches and see if it resolves. I believe having the 3v (red) wire improperly wired closes heater circuits or something like that. Someone awesome will show up and solve everything shortly, thats just my best guess to try in the meantime.
December 13, 2016 02:37AM
1. If the board is working then the endstops are not the problem. Have you used a screw with a large head or a metal washer to hold the board down, in the mounting hole near the E1 endstop LED? If so then it may be shorting the end of the LED to ground. You should use a nylon washer to avoid this. Nylon washers are included with Duet WiFi boards.

2. The second PWM fan is configured by default to be used as a thermostatic hot end fan, so it will be on whenever the hot end is above 45C unless you re-configure it.

HTH David

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
December 13, 2016 12:01PM
That was it! Silly oversight on my part. Thank you sir.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login