Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Where to get help for the Duet series of 3D printer electronics

Posted by dc42 
Where to get help for the Duet series of 3D printer electronics
December 23, 2016 01:21PM
The documentation for the Duet series of 3D printer controller electronics is now at [duet3d.com]. Although it calls itself the Duet WiFi Wiki, most sections on it apart from the wiring diagrams are equally applicable to the Duet 0.8.5 and Duet 0.6. The wiring diagrams for the Duet 0.8.5 and Duet 0.6 are at [reprap.org].

The master document for the gcodes supported by the Duet is the wiki page at [reprap.org]. The tables at the start of each gcode command section show whether the command is supported by RepRapFirmware.

The Duet series of 3D printer controller boards are configured using the config.g file, homing files and some other gcode files in the /sys folder of the SD card. You can generate these files using the online configuration tool at [configurator.reprapfirmware.org].

Duet electronics runs RepRapFirmware. For the Duet WiFi the official builds are maintained by dc42 and can be downloaded via [github.com]. Christian Hammacher (chrishamm) also maintains a fork at [github.com]. For the Duet 0.6 and 0.8.5, the original builds by RepRapPro are no longer maintained, so please use the same links to access the dc42 or chrishamm fork. Important: to download a binary file from githib, you must follow the link to the binary file and then press the Raw button. A summary change log and upgrade notes for dc42 firmware can be found at [github.com].

The web interface used by Duet electronics is Duet Web Control and is maintained by Christian Hammacher. The master GitHub repository is [github.com], however you will usually find a binary (for the Duet WiFi) or a ZIP file (for the wired Duets) alongside the firmware binaries in the dc42 and chrishamm firmware repositories.

When using some versions of Windows you need to install a device driver to connect via USB. You can find the driver at [github.com].

If you wish to ask support questions relating to Duet electronics and RepRapFirmware, please use either this forum, or the forum at [www.duet3d.com].

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/24/2016 07:09AM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Re: Where to get help for the Duet series of 3D printer electronics
December 23, 2016 03:09PM
Might be useful to get someone to sticky this topic so it stays at the top of the list.
December 23, 2016 03:13PM
Very helpfull. Thanks david.

Sticky is a must...

Delta Printer
Duet 0.8.5 firmware 1.19
December 23, 2016 03:19PM
PDBeal
Might be useful to get someone to sticky this topic so it stays at the top of the list.

I asked the admins to make it sticky immediately after I posted it.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

December 23, 2016 03:22PM
dc42
I asked the admins to make it sticky immediately after I posted it.

Sort of surprised your not a moderator for the Duet section to control things like that yourself, especially since your the primary source for firmware and issues and such.
January 24, 2018 06:12PM
Some of the links in the OP 404, specifically the DC42 -> Github links....
January 25, 2018 03:31AM
Thanks, here are some updated links:

Stable firmware binaries: [github.com]
Beta firmware binaries: [github.com]
Release notes: [github.com]

December 15, 2018 01:55PM
Call me a smarta$$, but I found a few typos on your github page.

I also noticed this link doesn't lead to the wiki anymore. Instead it's here

HTH
Olaf

Github
Supported hardware

Version 2 of this fork of RepRapFirmware supports electronics based on SAM4E, SAM4S and SAME70 processors; in particular the Duet WiFi, Duet Ethernet, Duet Maestro, the forthcoming Duet 3 range, and some specialst OEM boards. There is another fork that supports electronics that use the LPC1768/1769 processors.

Version 1 of this fork also supports hardware built around the SAM3X8E processor, such as Duet 06, Duet 085, Arduino Due/RADDS and Alligator. I no longer develop version 1 but if someone else wants to continue development of version 1 or add support for these processors in version 2, I will consider accepting related pull requests. Please note, version 2 uses FreeRTOS, and the addiitional memory requirement makes it difficult to fit both RTOS ande LWIP network support into the 96Kb RAM limit of the SAM3X8E. One way to resolve this might be to use the TCP/IP stack that is available with FreeRTOS.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2018 02:00PM by o_lampe.
December 15, 2018 03:55PM
Thanks for pointing those out. I've corrected the typos. Unfortunately I can't fix the link because I am not an admin of these forums.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2018 03:55PM by dc42.

February 18, 2022 11:44AM
As another update. documentation is now at https://docs.duet3d.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login