Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Delta autoleveling offset

Posted by Treito 
Delta autoleveling offset
December 29, 2016 02:54AM
Hello,

I would like to replace the auto-level sensor which needs no offset with a 3DTouch, but what about the offset? It would be mounted in the opposite direction with the y-tower, but if I move the tower in y-direction the other both are also moving and the effektor is not moving straight. So how to define the offset?

Best regards,

Sven

Slicer: Simplify3D 4.0; sometimes CraftWare 1.14 or Cura 2.7
Delta with Duet-WiFi, FW: 1.20.1RC2; mini-sensor board by dc42 for auto-leveling
Ormerod common modifications: Mini-sensor board by dc42, aluminum X-arm, 0.4 mm nozzle E3D like, 2nd fan, Z stepper nut M5 x 15, Herringbone gears, Z-axis bearing at top, spring loaded extruder with pneumatic fitting, Y belt axis tensioner
Ormerod 2: FW: 1.19-dc42 on Duet-WiFi. own build, modifications: GT2-belts, silicone heat-bed, different motors and so on. Printed parts: bed support, (PSU holder) and Y-feet.
Ormerod 1: FW: 1.15c-dc42 on 1k Duet-Board. Modifications: Aluminium bed-support, (nearly) all parts reprinted in PLA/ ABS, and so on.
Re: Delta autoleveling offset
December 29, 2016 03:09AM
That means the sensor is at the front while the y-tower is at the back, z left and x right.

Delta with Duet-WiFi, FW: 1.20.1RC2; mini-sensor board by dc42 for auto-leveling
Ormerod common modifications: Mini-sensor board by dc42, aluminum X-arm, 0.4 mm nozzle E3D like, 2nd fan, Z stepper nut M5 x 15, Herringbone gears, Z-axis bearing at top, spring loaded extruder with pneumatic fitting, Y belt axis tensioner
Ormerod 2: FW: 1.19-dc42 on Duet-WiFi. own build, modifications: GT2-belts, silicone heat-bed, different motors and so on. Printed parts: bed support, (PSU holder) and Y-feet.
Ormerod 1: FW: 1.15c-dc42 on 1k Duet-Board. Modifications: Aluminium bed-support, (nearly) all parts reprinted in PLA/ ABS, and so on.
December 29, 2016 04:12PM
I think I would put down some blue tape in the center of my bed, [0,0], then mark where the nozzle touches the bed. Next, manually position the so that it is "centered" on the mark you made. Whatever the current x,y coordinates are, that is your offset. Maybe you need to reverse the numbers (2,3 becomes -2,-3)? Shot in the dark. Good luck.
December 31, 2016 06:18AM
It seems that the angle between the sensor and the Z-tower is 30°, so in theory the offset of x and y should be the same? I will test this later, but nevertheless what about the sign? if I move to X/Y (10/20) for example, what I have to set in the config? plus or minus?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login