Minor firmware release 1.17b
January 08, 2017 04:07AM
Firmware 1.17b is now live on github at [github.com] (remember to follow the link on that page to 1.17b and then press Raw to download it). Changes:

* New printer status "Tool change" implemented. This is recognised by DWC 1.14 and the forthcoming PanelDue firmware 1.16.
* Bug fix: M226 (gcode-initiated pause) was hanging the printer (thanks chrishamm for the fix)
* For Z probe types 4 and higher, the MOD signal on the Z probe connector is driven high at the start of a probing move and low at the end. This is to help with certain types of Z probe, in particular accelerometer-based Z probes.
* Upgraded the associated DWC files to 1.14 release (thanks chrishamm)

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Re: Minor firmware release 1.17b
January 09, 2017 05:26PM
Thanks very much for the continuing updates. The binary runs fine on my original Ormerod Duet.

I normally do a source compile on a Linux machine and noticed a couple of things with this source.

There are two instances where the source code is including a file but the case name of the file does not match any more. This doesn't affect WIndows compiles but causes errors on Linux systems where case sensitivity is obeyed.

The first case is that MassStorage.h refers to "Libraries/FatFs/ff.h" but the directory is Fatfs

The second instance is that the Reprap.h file is referenced as RepRap.h in multiple places

I changed these with a global edit and then it compiled fine under Linux and produced a binary identical file to that in the release.

As far as I can see the case sensitivity got introduced around Christmas day.
Re: Minor firmware release 1.17b
January 09, 2017 05:46PM
I renamed Reprap.h to RepRap.h in version 1.17b to avoid the second issue after someone else reported it, but it looks like git under Windows ignored the change. I guess I'll have to rename it in two stages to get GitHub to sync properly.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2017 05:48PM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login