Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Z live button

Posted by lolocaledo 
Z live button
January 16, 2017 07:00AM
Hello,

would it be possible to add easily a Z live button on web interface ?
On my Prusa I3 MK2, I can change the head heigh while printing the first layer. This should be the equivalent to change the Z sensor height parameter while printing.
I think it's very useful to have the possibility to adjust in live the head heigh at the first layer.
Re: Z live button
January 16, 2017 01:32PM
This is coming in firmware 1.18.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
January 16, 2017 05:11PM
Doesn't this already work? If I hit z+100 my head zooms up while continuing to print...
January 16, 2017 06:21PM
clearlynotstefan,

Yes, if I use Z +0.05 two times while printing, the head go up of 0.1mm but after next layer, the head heigh come back to origin, the offset I put before with Z +0.05 is canceled.
This functionality is very useful. I use it on my Prusa I3 while printing the skirts to adjust Z heigh on the first layer. and this parameter is keeped hile all printing
January 16, 2017 09:57PM
Interesting! Didn't think that through. Until DC drops the new version that has it, you could use gcode macros to do the same thing I believe. adjust your Z then click a macro that runs G92 Z(your first layer height). That'd work for the time being I think.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2017 09:58PM by clearlynotstefan.
January 17, 2017 05:10AM
I think it's Impossible to do correctly during printing with G92
January 17, 2017 09:22AM
You need a small Z movement followed by a G92 to pretend that the movement didn't happen. Easy to do in a macro if you always use the same first layer height.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login