Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

DWC not accessible through wired LAN PC

Posted by selva_tvi 
DWC not accessible through wired LAN PC
January 31, 2017 06:40AM
Hi,

I am using DUET 0.6 (Replikeo), Firmware - 1.12 (dc42). I am using D-Link (DIR-615) wi-fi router.

I have connected my DUET to the router and accessing DWC through PC (which is also wire connected to the router). Till last month it worked without any issues.

Till last month the router was locked with particular ISP (Internet service provider). Last month I changed the ISP. The new ISP supports unlocked router. In this case, I unlocked my old router to use with new ISP. Everything is working fine except DWC.

Now I am facing issues on accessing DWC through PC (LAN wire connected to router). But, through mobile I can access the DWC through wi-fi.

When I opened the D-link admin page (http://192.168.0.1/) and saw the 'Active Wired Client Table' under 'Status', it is not showing the DUET.

I checked with my ISP to solve this problem. He tried a lot, couldnt solve.

How can I rectify the problem?

Thanks
Selva
Re: DWC not accessible through wired LAN PC
January 31, 2017 10:20AM
What IP address did you give your Duet 0.6 board? Is it in the same subnet as your D-Link router in 192.168.0.1?
January 31, 2017 11:13AM
The following are the taken from config file:

M552 P192.168.0.55 ; IP address (0 = use DHCP)
M553 P255.255.255.0 ; Netmask
M554 P192.168.0.1 ; Gateway
M555 P2 ; Set output to look like Marlin

When I use 192.168.0.55 in my mobile or in the PC (through wifi dongle), DWC is accessible. But, in PC (wired to the router) it is not accessible.
January 31, 2017 01:03PM
Can your PC access the internet through the wired connection to the router?

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
January 31, 2017 11:15PM
Yes, I am able to access the internet through that wired PC.
February 01, 2017 05:53AM
Can you ping the Duet from the PC? Have you tried configuring the Duet to have a different IP address?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2017 05:54AM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

February 05, 2017 11:07PM
Sorry for the late reply.

No, while pinging it is showing as 'Destination host unreachable'.
February 06, 2017 02:37AM
It seems that the router is failing to route packets from the wired ports to the Duet WiFi. Are you able to ping or otherwise access other wireless devices from the PC?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2017 02:37AM by dc42.

February 06, 2017 04:53AM
Yeah, I am able to ping my mobile from my wired PC. And I am using DUET 0.6 only.

How to rectify the error?
February 06, 2017 06:20AM
You could try setting the Duet to DHCP connect it issue a M552 thru Pronterface or similar to find out what address the Router as given it and try with that one I am wondering if you have picked an address that maybe outside the WiFi part of the Routers Subnet?

Doug
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login