extruder only extrude
February 11, 2017 12:28AM
Guys i am building a 0.8.5 mendel and yesterday i installed a second extruder. The problem is that it cant move backwards ( retract ) and i was wondering what it could be wrong. I haven't add anything in my config and i ll do some more research today but if you have any tip i would pleased to hear.

Delta Printer
Duet 0.8.5 firmware 1.19
Re: extruder only extrude
February 11, 2017 08:12AM
think i found it . pins number 59-60 are shorted so that explains why i didn't have a pwm on my fan....! now i am trying to separate them using a blazer but i dont think it will do the job .

Delta Printer
Duet 0.8.5 firmware 1.19
February 11, 2017 09:27AM
i tried fixing it with the soldering iron but probably i made it worst as i shorted some other pins too.

Delta Printer
Duet 0.8.5 firmware 1.19
February 11, 2017 03:37PM
To remove solder bridges between the pins of fine-pitch chips, you need solder wick, also called desoldering braid.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2017 03:37PM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
February 12, 2017 06:43AM
i used desoldering braid but the lack of flux made things worst . from 2 pins i got shorted i ended up having more than 10....! finally i used a blazer and a needle to remove mechanically the bridges and now it seems its working . of course i dont knlw what else happens at the board as during the 10 bridge pins it couldnt start . Now everything seems to work fine .

Delta Printer
Duet 0.8.5 firmware 1.19
February 12, 2017 12:07PM
Desoldering braid is supposed to be ready-fluxed. Nevertheless, I usually wipe a no-clean flux pen over it before I use it.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login