Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New edge firmware 1.18beta1

Posted by dc42 
New edge firmware 1.18beta1
February 21, 2017 03:35PM
I have just released this on github. Here is the change list:

New/improved features:

• Baby stepping is now implemented using the M290 command. The accumulated baby stepping amount is reported in M408 replies.
  • Faster and easier-to-use auto tune algorithm with more consistent dead time measurement. You no longer need to provide a P parameter unless you have an over-powered heater and you normally set a PWM limit on it.
  • M109, M190 and M191 commands now send the temperatures once a second if the command came from the USB port and Marlin emulation is chosen
  • The name of the firmware file to load is now passed to IAP, so that iap4e.bin can be used on both the Duet WiFi and the Duet Ethernet
  • Reduced the Duet WiFi VIN over-voltage detection threshold from 29.5V to 29.0V

Bug fixes:
  • On the Duet WiFi, if you sent command M122 while the machine was printing then occasionally it would stop and reset due to a watchdog timeout
  • If multiple input sources sent overlapping G4 (dwell) commands, either or both of them would not be executed correctly

If you decide to install this firmware, please try the new auto tuning algorithm and let me know how well it works for you.

If you want to test baby stepping, then for now I suggest you create a "Baby step up" macro file containing command M290 S0.05 and a "Baby step down" macro containing M290 S-0.05. Change the value 0.05 to be a suitable value for the first layer height you normally use. Baby stepping buttons will be added to DWC and PanelDue in due course.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2017 03:39PM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Re: New edge firmware 1.18beta1
February 21, 2017 07:39PM
Auto tuning works great. Very fast!
February 22, 2017 06:05PM
Wow! Thanks for the M190 temp feedback too!

Will install and test.

--------
EDIT: The Duet 0.6 firmware doesn't seem to be taking. I downloaded it from Release/Duet-0.6-0.8.5/Edge but after uploading it and going through the "installing firmware, please wait" steps, I'm back to 1.17e.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2017 06:20PM by maso.
February 23, 2017 02:01AM
maso
Wow! Thanks for the M190 temp feedback too!

Will install and test.

--------
EDIT: The Duet 0.6 firmware doesn't seem to be taking. I downloaded it from Release/Duet-0.6-0.8.5/Edge but after uploading it and going through the "installing firmware, please wait" steps, I'm back to 1.17e.

You could try updating iap.bin to the new version. Follow this link [github.com] and then press Download.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
February 23, 2017 10:36AM
dc42
You could try updating iap.bin to the new version. Follow this link [github.com] and then press Download.

That worked. I'm getting temperature updates in Octoprint now. Thanks!
February 24, 2017 06:10AM
...tried it and works fine. Can't draw a comparision because I have started to use Duet Wifi for the very first time at all immediately with firmware 1.18beta1.

Gruß
Niko

NXD evo (Duet Wifi, RepRap Firmware 3.1.1, Duet 3d smart effektor & Haydn Huntley Magrods, Bondtech BMG (flying) extruder.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login