Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Minor feature request

Posted by av8r1 
Minor feature request
April 05, 2017 05:36PM
Could a future version of RepRapFirmware allow editing G-Code files the same way as the system files an macros? Sometimes you've just got to comment out a G29 or change a temperature number real quick, and it would be more convenient to just click edit and change the number, rather than downloading, editing and re-uploading, or reslicing the part from scratch.
Re: Minor feature request
April 06, 2017 01:26AM
That is a great idea! Yesterday I wish I had this option. Also a shown creation date would be nice by browsing Gcode files.

Gruß
Niko

NXD evo (Duet Wifi, RepRap Firmware 3.1.1, Duet 3d smart effektor & Haydn Huntley Magrods, Bondtech BMG (flying) extruder.
April 06, 2017 02:55AM
I hope the browser won't crash when you try to edit a large gcode file.
April 06, 2017 04:50AM
o_lampe
I hope the browser won't crash when you try to edit a large gcode file.

That's exactly the issue. Chrishamm could implement a gcode editor that would work fine for small gcode files, but the performance would probably be very poor on large files.

Why not try it yourself. Pretend that your large gcode file is a macro, so upload it and edit it as a macro.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
April 06, 2017 02:02PM
could it be set up to just edit the first/last X lines? Not sure of the others, but most of the time anything I would want to edit or look at is in the start or end gcode.
April 07, 2017 04:39AM
achaz
could it be set up to just edit the first/last X lines? Not sure of the others, but most of the time anything I would want to edit or look at is in the start or end gcode.

It would be better to have the header and Gcode in two separate files, but that's slicer related.
April 07, 2017 06:38PM
Hmm, didn't realize the browser would be the limiting factor.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login