Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RepRapFirmware 1.18 and Panel Due firmware 1.16 released

Posted by dc42 
Re: RepRapFirmware 1.18 and Panel Due firmware 1.16 released
June 05, 2017 11:33AM
dc42
As you have 2 wired Duets on your network, can you confirm that you have changed the MAC address of one of them in its config.g file?
HTH David

the mac address command is not exist in the 0.6 and it is as a comment on my 0.8.5 config.g

i ll do what you told and i ll come back

Delta Printer
Duet 0.8.5 firmware 1.19
June 06, 2017 10:51AM
dc42
.......send M997 via USB ...HTH David

"Connecting...
Printer is now online.
>>> M997
SENDING:M997
Heat class exited.
Move class exited.
Move class exited.
Updating main firmware
[ERROR] Can't write to printer (disconnected?) (SerialException): Write timeout
"

Delta Printer
Duet 0.8.5 firmware 1.19
June 06, 2017 12:30PM
Although firmware and Wifi-Server are already flashed, I had a hard time configuring Wifi.
It took me 7 hours to figure out three simple things, that could've been mentioned in the Wiki or in the config.g file:

IP address: When you want to use DHCP, change config.g to M552 P0.0.0.0 ( config.g says ;use "0" for DHCP, so I tried it for hours with M552 P0 )

Router password ( WPA/WPA2). I logged in the DuetWiFi host and got a screen where I could put the password and name the printer, but after reboot it was again in host mode. I tried different routers and had success with one where the gateway was 192.168.0.1, while I tried the other routers with 192.168.1.111 without success. Once I got it working with one router, I tried to set the other to 192.168.2.111, just to be far away from the 192.168.1.xxx used by DuetWifi.
Still not working.
Why? The other routers were invisible, so even if you see the screen where you can put the password, you can try to find typos and use capitals, reconfigure the password with no success.
IMHO, the screen should show a warning like: no router found, or gray out the password field. A simple note in the wiki: make sure your router is visible, would have saved me some time.

I'm glad I got it working, but I hope others will read this before they get a heartattack...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2017 12:32PM by o_lampe.
June 06, 2017 05:09PM
Gaou
dc42
.......send M997 via USB ...HTH David

"Connecting...
Printer is now online.
>>> M997
SENDING:M997
Heat class exited.
Move class exited.
Move class exited.
Updating main firmware
[ERROR] Can't write to printer (disconnected?) (SerialException): Write timeout
"

That's normal, naturally the printer can't communicate with your PC while its firmware is being replaced, so it closes the USB port. After 30 seconds or so you should be able to reconnect. If you upgraded to version 1.18 from an earlier one and your PC runs Windows, you should install the new device driver as mentioned in the upgrade notes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2017 05:10PM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login