Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

external sd/usb slot

Posted by Napalm1432 
external sd/usb slot
April 21, 2017 09:23AM
Hi there,

I would like to add an external sd slot, or usb slot for a usb drive (preferably the usb drive).
I did see that the firmware should support an external sd slot, and i'm assuming accesing usb drives works the same (correct me if i'm wrong, if so, is it still possible?)
So i really have 2 questions here, could i use an usb slot, with a usb drive inserted?
And how would i connect this to the board, if it is not possible, then how do i connect the sd slot to the board?
I hope i made myself clear, and that you can help

Greetings, Ray
Re: external sd/usb slot
April 21, 2017 12:34PM
There is no support for an external USB drive. An external SD card slot is supported, but the interface is SPI (as used on all other electronics) instead of the much faster HSMCI used for the internal micro SD slot, so we don't support uploading files to it. See the table at the end of [duet3d.com] for the pin connectoins.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
April 21, 2017 12:43PM
with uploading files to it, i assume you mean uploading files from the board to the sd card?
If that's the cause, this will work fine for me, as i'm not planning on using that
April 21, 2017 04:57PM
Napalm1432
with uploading files to it, i assume you mean uploading files from the board to the sd card?
If that's the cause, this will work fine for me, as i'm not planning on using that

I meant uploading files to it through the web interface.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login