Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Suggested Mosfet for Duet 0.8.5

Posted by Nylkos 
Suggested Mosfet for Duet 0.8.5
May 02, 2017 12:14PM
I am building a CoreXY.
I am mostly done and my SSR got lost in transit. While I was waiting for my part I saw Tom video on the subject. Now that I have to reorder, I am considering using Mosfet instead of SSR.

I have some question on the subject. I am planning to use it with a 24V 350W power supply and a 350W heated bed.

Some people use Mosfet board and other Mosfet transistor. Tom (see link above) suggested the IRLZ44N, IRF3708, IRLR8743. I haven't found them with a board, should I go with a board or just the transistor?

For the boards, I found these on Amzon...
Anycubic 3D Printer Heating Controller MKS MOSFET for Heatbed Extruder MOS Module
CTYRZCH 3D Printer Heating Controller MKS MOSFET for Heatbed Extruder MOS Module
xlpace 3D Printer Heated Bed Power Module High Current 210A MOSFET upgrade RAMPS 1.4

Do they come with Mosfet or should I order the transistor separately?
Also, does more expensive means better?

In other terms what would you buy for a Duet 0.8.5 with a 24V 350W heatbed and power supply.
Re: Suggested Mosfet for Duet 0.8.5
May 02, 2017 05:11PM
Several possibilities:

1. Drive the bed heater directly from the Duet, but add a link on the back of the board between VIN+ and Bed Heater+ to help carry the current. See [duet3d.com].

2. Use the Auber SSR, see [duet3d.com].

3. Use an external mosfet board. I can't make any recommendations because I haven't used them. There is a thread about them in the General section of this forum.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login