Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Firmware upgrade

Posted by joestefano 
Firmware upgrade
May 14, 2017 08:58PM
David, I tried to upgrade to the latest beta 1.19xx but something went wrong and I lost V1.18.1. I connected by USB hit Erase and the Bossa port COM25 is connected. Using the Command Prompt with bossac.exe it returns an error " No devise found on COM25" What am I missing??? "bossac.exe --port=COM25 -e -v -w -b DuetWiFiFirmware-1.18.1.bin" I have tried a few different ports same result.. I updated the drivers and everything seem to be working. Pronterface wont connect either.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/15/2017 04:07PM by joestefano.
Re: Firmware upgrade
May 16, 2017 06:28AM
I tried a different computer and I still cant connect. When I check properties of the port in the device manager it shows Escher3D working properly.
Attachments:
open | download - Device mgr.png (74.1 KB)
May 16, 2017 10:47AM
When I flash the firmware on the PanelDue boards, I usually hit the Erase button, and then I have to hit the reset button before it lets me actually flash it. I know its not the same board your having issues with, but you might want to try hit erase, then reset and then see what com port it shows up as.
May 16, 2017 11:14AM
Which board is it even
May 16, 2017 12:43PM
This is a DuetWiFi.. I'm missing something simple just cant figure out what it is. This is the first time a firmware update didn't work using DWS. The chip appears completely blank. When sending M115 or M552 with the PanelDue it reports nothing. I see the duet in the device mgr. (see attached above)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/16/2017 12:45PM by joestefano.
May 16, 2017 12:46PM
You need to use Samba to update it the CPU on the Wifi is not supported under Bossac go check out the Duet forum instead you can find the link in the first sticky post in this forum above this post

HTH

Doug
May 16, 2017 07:08PM
Doug, I downloaded SAM-BA where do I find instructions on how to use it? When I run the .exe all I get is a flash of the command prompt.
May 16, 2017 07:36PM
All set Thanks for the Help guys
May 17, 2017 04:18AM
Glad you got it sorted

Doug
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login