Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mechanical switch for z probe

Posted by chris33 
Mechanical switch for z probe
May 21, 2017 03:22PM
Hi

just installed the duet 0.85 (non wifi) on my mini kossel and i have a mechanical switch probe, so the original setup was the two outer tabs on the switch itself.it triggers obviously when the switch was pressed is that correct? , because i thought it would be the other way around ie once the probe lifts of the switch then it be triggered, because i wired it differently the outer tab to the middle nc i think its called i get mixed up and i go do a g30 and soon as the switch goes the board shorts thankyou for any help given can't wait get this sorted don't worry it will be moved over to a sensor once i have funds spend on it thanks again

Check my rubbish blog for my prusa i3

up and running
[3dimetech.blogspot.co.uk]
Re: Mechanical switch for z probe
May 21, 2017 05:37PM
How have you connected your Z probe switch to the Duet? If you connect it to the E0 endstop input then you must use the two outer pins of the endstop connector on the Duet, regardless of which switch contacts you use.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
May 22, 2017 12:34AM
yes i have got it on e0 so it the outer oins on the switch so ok to be in trigger state when the switch is press?

up and running
May 22, 2017 02:45PM
ok im using sm3 3a 125/250vac micrositch have the switch wired nc, on the duet its on eo on two outer pins i inverted the switch which i figured out how to do but have issue. soon as the switch is pressedthe board resets and i have to reconnect web control,

also do i need proterface opened and connected while i use web control as webcontrol only connects when i connect proterface

up and running
May 22, 2017 04:09PM
I think you must have a short somewhere, perhaps to the centre pin of the E0 connector.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

May 22, 2017 05:24PM
I thought i would be able to replicate the issue by just pressing it and checking the status, i would of thought it would do the same wether i send a g30 or not but function fine when i press it, it only
reboots during a g30 command which is odd i did check the wiring nothing untowards ill just have to wait and get a ir sensor lol but it just baffled me been over it and over it

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/22/2017 05:32PM by chris33.

up and running
May 23, 2017 06:17AM
Yes that does sound odd. Which firmware version are you using?

May 23, 2017 12:13PM
i have reprapfirmware 1.18.1, im going to look at the mechanical switch itself i got a new one, as the g30 movement is very very slow i know it prob slow but this is really slow maybe a dodgy switch itself ill post what findings ill get no biggie give me chance to do it manual configuration and isnt fully finished ready for printing anyways

up and running
May 25, 2017 12:39PM
Bit of progress i did another configuration using tool again and thought id just do the the calibration find nozzle height just in centre as to see where about roughly it is. I did the g30 s1 command went down and stopped nothing reset or looked as if it was shorting out, so i homed and did the g30 went down really nothing happened as before, worked fine, defiantly a weird one that is

up and running
May 25, 2017 05:19PM
thankyou for your help id just thought id run a test move on the auto calibration it all did what it should do thankyou again for your help

up and running
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login