Chamber Heater Control?
July 11, 2017 02:40PM
Rather than using a typical resistance coil type heater for my bed, I'm considering something a bit more active, such as a ceramic space heater or modified heat gun pointing into the chamber. I'd basically leave the switch on, and splice and the power cord to an ssr to be controlled by the duet. My concern now is how adjustable are the pid/bangbang settings? I don't care if I overshoot or undershoot temps by 5degrees, but I need the ssr to function more like a thermostat than a pid device: staying on or off for like 20 seconds at a time rather than the 5 times a second that a heated bed might use. There's a few seconds of warm up time for either option and neither would like being switched that frequently. Can RRF handle this idea?
Re: Chamber Heater Control?
July 12, 2017 10:38AM
RRF doesn't provide any configuration options to set minimum on/off times; but it is open source so of course you are free to modify it.

I think the usual way of implementing a chamber heater is to have a fan running slowly all the time, and just control the heater.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login