Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

DWC not updating - uploaded 1.19 and it still shows version 1.11 after refreshing page?

Posted by Bob64 
DWC not updating - uploaded 1.19 and it still shows version 1.11 after refreshing page?
September 04, 2017 05:10AM
Any ideas or is it supposed to be one of those silent upgrades that never change the version number?
Using a duet 0.8.5

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2017 06:04AM by Bob64.
Mine has always shown the correct version after an update. You could try the "write it directly to the SD card" option shown in the documentation. I presume that you've seen the documentation - HERE
Re: DWC not updating - uploaded 1.19 and it still shows version 1.11 after refreshing page?
September 04, 2017 03:18PM
What RepRapFirmware version are you running on the Duet?

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Re: DWC not updating - uploaded 1.19 and it still shows version 1.11 after refreshing page?
September 04, 2017 04:43PM
Running: 1.19

Firmware Name: RepRapFirmware for Duet
Firmware Version: 1.19 (2017-08-14)
September 05, 2017 02:41AM
I suggest you delete or rename your existing /www folder on the SD card, then create a new one and extract the new DuetWebControl.zip file into it.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

September 05, 2017 11:22PM
That worked. We'll see if it bugs out next dwc update.
September 06, 2017 02:46AM
Glad it worked. DWC changed from using uncompressed files to gzipped files a few versions ago, so I expect the web server was picking up an older uncompressed file in preference to the newer compressed one.

September 06, 2017 09:11PM
Oh. I actually manually extracted all the .gz inside the folders... so the firmware takes the files as-is?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login