Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Turning OFF & ON the DuetWiFi with a relay

Posted by Dunston-UK 
Turning OFF & ON the DuetWiFi with a relay
December 07, 2017 06:28PM
Hi All.

I am new to the Duet Side. I had been using a MksBase1.4 with 24v a RaspberryPi running Octoprint a dedicated 5v PSU for the raspberry and a relay to turn off and on the printer automatically.

I understand that you can use an SSR with a Monetary switch in parallel can be used to turn OFF the printer after use manually, but not automatically.

Do I have to power the Duet board via the Micro USB to get the Ps_On signal, ( I think I do due to the WebGUI being the only way to power on)

When I use the External Relay I am pretty sure I have to have a permanent power supply to it to allow the signal from the PS_on to activate the relay.

Please excuse my really bad drawing, it shows what I hope is the right way, but I am missing the link to get the wiring right.

Any help and corrections gladly wanted. Thanks
Re: Turning OFF & ON the DuetWiFi with a relay
December 08, 2017 03:24AM
You can use the momentary switch + SSR to switch the printer of automatically at the end of a job too. To do this, in your slicer ending gcode script add code to turn off heaters and motors, delay for long enough to let the hot end cool, then use M81 to turn the power off.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Re: Turning OFF & ON the DuetWiFi with a relay
December 08, 2017 01:56PM
Hi dc42

Thank you for your reply. I saw your reply on the other forums, and that has answered and solved this problem. Thank you very much.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2017 02:04PM by Dunston-UK.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login