Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Controlling two DuetWifi ?

Posted by o_lampe 
Controlling two DuetWifi ?
February 19, 2018 07:49AM
Hi,
I'm currently running the Compact Carrier Delta in a nonstop torture test.
But once it is started, I can't access my other DuetWifi Delta to print stuff. It connects to the printer and immediately disconnects again.
Both Duets have different MAC addresses and they both show up in my router with their reserved IP-addresses too.
I'm running Firefox Quantum and the Duets run V1.20released FW with the latest DWC stuff and all.
What can I do?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2018 07:50AM by o_lampe.
Re: Controlling two DuetWifi ?
February 19, 2018 12:50PM
Perhaps you have exceeded the number of wireless devices supported by your router, or something like that? I frequently have more than one Duet WiFi open in different tabs in FireFox and they all stay connected. There is even a web page you can load to see summary status of several Duets all on one page, see [www.duet3d.com].

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
February 20, 2018 03:33AM
There's one difference between the two Duets: The blue LED is constantly ON at the CC-Delta WiFi module, but constanly OFF at the XL Delta ( except after reset it flickers briefly )
There's one more thing I could try: Remove all SSIDs from the chip and SetNetwork again, only for the currently used WLAN router ( I have three in use... )
February 20, 2018 05:37PM
What versions of WiFi firmware do you have in them? The 1.21RC versions turn the blue light on when they are connected to an access point.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

February 21, 2018 03:38AM
The problem is solved somehow, but I'm not too happy with it.
Turns out, it was my strict Firefox-setting that blocked. I had to allow cookies and chronics. Things I usually don't do. ( damn paranoid me winking smiley )

I also had a mismatch of software-versions on the SD-cards, but updating them all to V1.20 didn't help at all. I could only connect via Internet Explorer, which brought me to the point of changing my Firefox settings.

BTW, now both blue WiFi LEDs are solid ON, but I'm sure they run on V1.20released.

With my formerly strict browser settings I wasn't able to change some DWC-settings ( babystepping, adding temps to dropdown menu ), but I could live with it. Will test out, what will be necessary to enable that.

I'd greatly appreciate it, when those alternative settings were stored on SD in a DWC-config_override.g file instead of using cookies or the like...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2018 03:41AM by o_lampe.
February 21, 2018 04:07AM
Deleted duplicate post.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2018 04:10AM by dc42.

February 21, 2018 04:07AM
See [support.mozilla.org] for how to enable cookies (and presumably HTML5 local storage too, which is what DWC uses) on certain sites only.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login