Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

About to order some Duet items - raising a question

Posted by Koenig 
About to order some Duet items - raising a question
March 03, 2018 03:24PM
I have been letting my delta sleep for a couple of years ( it had a breakdown and I just didn't feel like I had the time with a newborn...) and the other day I got a sudden urge to get it going again.
So I've spent some days reading up about this this stuff and I see there's been a whole lot of development.

One of the last upgrades I did to my printer was a Duet 0.6 and dc42's IR-sensor.
I liked that upgrade a lot, and seeing how thignd have progressed I feel I want to take it even further with Haydn's rods and a smart-effector, but here comes my question:
If I order a Duet-WiFi, Haydn's rods and a smart effector with the "e3d V6 (no Heatsink, 24V ) e3d V6 with PT100"-option, will I also have to order the pt100 daugther-bord or is that included?
Re: About to order some Duet items - raising a question
March 03, 2018 06:23PM
You would need to order the PT100 daughter board as well.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
March 04, 2018 07:55AM
I see.

Thank you for the clarification.
March 04, 2018 12:24PM
There is also experimental support for PT1000 (as distinct from PT100) sensors in RepRapFirmware using the normal thermistor connections, so that the daughter board is not needed. The accuracy isn't as good as for a PT100 (but may well beat a thermistor), also the resolution isn't as good. That's why the support is experimental.

See [duet3d.dozuki.com] for a comparison.

HTH David

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login