Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Fan 1 pins are broken?

Posted by Origamib 
Fan 1 pins are broken?
March 19, 2018 05:55PM
I used to have my fans set up so that the cold end fans were on the 'always on' pins. I tried to swap it to the Fan 0 instead and have thermostatic control, and then shuffle the part cooling fan to the next pins along (fan 1). The fan on fan 1 starts up at 100% and then immediately stops, no matter what settings I change it no longer spins after this but the fan will always start up again when I power the machine. Both fans react the same on these pins. I have tried editing settings so that they are there at power on, or whilst the machine is currently on.

What is causing this problem? Fan 0 and 2 are still working fortunately, But I fear the worst for Fan 1... Especially since I have never used fan 1 before. It seems weird that it has blown.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2018 05:57PM by Origamib.
Re: Fan 1 pins are broken?
March 19, 2018 07:06PM
Fan 1 is set to thermostatic control by default. See the wiki on duet3d.com.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
March 20, 2018 04:20AM
As said, I tried multiple settings and it always comes on at 100% regardless of temperature and then shortly after stops quickly and will not start up again regardless of M106 settings. Fan 0 which I have now set up as a thermostatic fan does not do this.
March 20, 2018 05:15AM
Origamib
As said, I tried multiple settings and it always comes on at 100% regardless of temperature and then shortly after stops quickly and will not start up again regardless of M106 settings. Fan 0 which I have now set up as a thermostatic fan does not do this.

Please share the M106 commands you have tried.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login