Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bed compensation always active?

Posted by drmaestro 
Bed compensation always active?
April 23, 2018 11:48AM
Hi,

For some time, I had a strange problem: Whenever I used G29 for mesh leveling, I was getting very similar maps, even though I was making radical changes at the bed leveling screws. I couldn't understand why these changes weren't affecting the height map, then today I have realized something: When I issued a horizontal move command from the panel due, the Z axis also moved. I didn't expect this behaviour. I thought that the corrections created by mesh leveling were only active during printing, but it seems that they are always active after you create a height map. This seems counterintuitive for me, as whenever I issue a new mesh leveling macro, the compensation is applied during probing, which results in a facit loop, where there always is the same amount of slope (reflecting the already recorded height map). Shouldn't leveling correction be only active when printing? Is there a command that I can add to config.g to prevent bed leveling being active when not printing?

Here is my mesh leveling macro, in case I am doing something wrong (I use BLTouch as the probe):

G28 XY;
M280 P3 S10 I1;
G28 Z;
M280 P3 S90 I1;
G1 Z5 F80;
M280 P3 S10 I1;
G29;
M280 P3 S90 I1;

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/2018 11:49AM by drmaestro.
Re: Bed compensation always active?
April 23, 2018 02:31PM
Should probably clear the height map from stored file with G29 S2 first thing in the macro....
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login