Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Smaller Duet?

Posted by nebbian 
Smaller Duet?
June 24, 2018 08:47PM
I saw rumours somewhere about a smaller duet being released at some stage, that only had 4 stepper drivers, and support for the reprapdiscount full graphic controller (the monochrome ones that everyone else uses, with a rotary knob), this support would include being able to read files from the SD card slot.

I've held off buying a Duet previously due to size and price restrictions, but this one would seriously tempt me.

However I can't find any mention of this in any of the usual places. Does anyone have any information on this, or when it will be released?

Thanks in advance.
Re: Smaller Duet?
June 25, 2018 02:18AM
It's not smaller and it has 5 stepper drivers, but I think you mean the Duet 2 Maestro. See [fitforlaunch.com].

In case you don't know already, the existing Duets support using the SD card slot on the Panel Due touch screen. But few users make use of this, because uploading GCode files to the built-in SD card via the web interface is generally more convenient.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/25/2018 02:29AM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
June 25, 2018 09:10PM
Thanks DC42. I wish I could find the page I saw earlier.

The page you linked to says:
12864 mono graphics display (firmware support pending)

This display usually has an SD slot on it. Will RepRapFirmware handle SD cards that are inserted into this slot?
June 26, 2018 01:24AM
Yes, that is already supported.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/26/2018 01:25AM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login