Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Pause print reports worng postion on the webUI

Posted by Dunston-UK 
Pause print reports worng postion on the webUI
August 29, 2018 12:23AM
Hi All

When you pause your print, the WEBUI reports the wrong position for the point it was paused from, what it is showing you is the present position ie with +5 added to the head, this is important when you're trying to splice failed prints at the fail point.

Let us say you have a 24-hour print and at the 14-hour point its clear your print for any number of reasons is not going to finish from that point onwards, so you pause your print and duly note the X,Y,Z positions. After correcting your model you only want to print onwards from that point where it failed, so you slice you model at the all-important Z point and press print, all looks good until you realise there's a bit of the model missing, what is missing is the +5 that the printer added to the Z position when it parked it's self after you pressed pause.

Can there not be an additional field showing the real paused coordinates?

Or should this be put into the GitHub page as a request? I am not sure how that's done as I am not a programmer and that for those that programme the firmware or not?

Thank you in advance.
Re: Pause print reports worng postion on the webUI
August 29, 2018 02:49AM
One way of finding the exact pause coordinates is to look at the resurrect.g file that recent firmware versions generate whenever you pause the print. You can open it in the System Files Editor page of the web interface.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
August 30, 2018 08:28AM
Is there no way that information can be displayed? because not everyone knows including me that you could look into a file for it, or is it too difficult to get something like that done?
August 30, 2018 05:11PM
Dunston-UK
Is there no way that information can be displayed? because not everyone knows including me that you could look into a file for it, or is it too difficult to get something like that done?

Would adding the coordinates to the "Printing paused" console message meet your requirement?

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

August 30, 2018 06:26PM
Hi DC42

Sorry if I came over wrongly in my wording. It’s a request if it can be done. I am sure there are far more important things to get done than to pamper to one person. Yes I would like it but not at a cost to other more important improvements.

Thanks
August 31, 2018 01:35AM
Adding the coordinates to the "Printing paused" message would be a simple change. Adding them to the display in Duet Web Control (in addition to the actual coordinates) would be a much larger change.

September 01, 2018 02:45AM
Thank you. Just done the update, and read the notes. Thank you.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login