Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Made a Duet Wifi spinoff design

Posted by bob808 
Made a Duet Wifi spinoff design
November 07, 2018 02:10PM
Hi all,
I've been playing with Kicad and made a version of Duet Wifi using tmc2224 drivers (from Maestro). I wanted something silent with a 32bit processor (with FPU). So I made this design. Not sure if I'm going to actually build it, but I thought someone might find it interesting.
There's two footprints for MAX31865 chips, so you have PT100/1000 on board now. With jumpers to select 2/3/4 wire configurations.
Drivers are mounted upside down for better cooling and they also have the full protection suite on the output (per datasheet). You can omit the varistors but they should offer extra protection.
You can add heatsinks on the top of the pcb. This way you can drive them closer to max if you have a fan blowing on the heatsinks.
Everything else should be the same. I dropped the debug led, there's 2-3 different connections on the large pin header, and cleaned a few tracks. Should be good to go but you should check it before making it.
Hope it's useful.
Sources can be found here: [github.com]
There's bom files, with all parts from TME and Farnell.
Attachments:
open | download - 1.jpg (417 KB)
open | download - 2.jpg (366.5 KB)
open | download - 3.jpg (487.3 KB)
Re: Made a Duet Wifi spinoff design
November 07, 2018 11:33PM

Board design improved in oct. 2016
says the pic? But the Maestro is brand new... winking smiley
November 08, 2018 09:37AM
I look forward to seeing photos of an assembled board, firmware modifications, and test results.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2018 09:40AM by the_digital_dentist.

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
November 08, 2018 11:19AM
o_lampe

Board design improved in oct. 2016
says the pic? But the Maestro is brand new... winking smiley

It’s 2018, but I guess there’s a via making it look like a 6
November 16, 2018 09:11AM
Now if you could only take it one step further and remove the WiFi for Ethernet and put a proper RJ45 connector in its place. The WiFi is the only reason I’ll never buy one of these boards (yours or the originals). Yes I do know they later adapted it to have RJ45, but from what I’ve seen in the pictures of these boards it looks like a mod than a properly engineered board. At this point, I’m just sticking with my Duet 0.8.5 boards on all of four of my printers.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login