Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

network error on large prints

Posted by Brummie 
network error on large prints
November 25, 2018 10:56PM
Hello,

I first realized this behaviour with the 0.2 prerelease. Now I happended to note it with the 0.3 prerelease too.
Physical connection is ok, as well as the network. But when I point the browser to the duet address, it says "reconnecting" and then "connection lost".
Restart of browser or pc does not change anything.

Printing time is about 3 days now and stil printing - but movement sound turned somewhat insane, so I wanted to check temperatures ...
Re: network error on large prints
November 26, 2018 07:59AM
Which "prerelease", exactly? When your print finishes, please report the versions of the main firmware, the WiFi server firmware, and Duet Web Control.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
November 26, 2018 09:59AM
Oh, sorry, I wasn't precise enuf.

0.2 prerelease is "Release 2.02 Release Candidate 2"
and 0.3 prerelease is "Release 2.02 Release candidate 3"

I installed the Duet2CombinedFirmware.bin and the corresponding web control from your git repository

The printjob may be finished tomorrow. Then I will update to 2.02RC4
January 26, 2019 10:11AM
This time I happend to see, what's going on when network connection turns down.
It starts by webapp getting dark and a flushing error message claims about "json parse error" ...
... so I suppose, that network is stil serving packages, but those seem to be corrupt.
After a while, webapp shuts down and denies to work.

When I restart the browser, first it looks like network is serving app-files, but as soon as the webapp requests data, galama starts again.

Ah ok - this time it happend with final Release 2.02
January 26, 2019 12:28PM
1. Please provide the exact error messages, both the one you get initially and the one you get when you try to refresh the browser tab.

2. What type of Duet is it?

3. If it is a Duet WiFi, which version of DuetWiFiServer is it running?

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

January 26, 2019 11:20PM
1. I can't. The errormessages are flushing to fast, so I can't read each completely.
I posted, what I could read.
The errormessages are not the red boxes from webapp, but a white dialog over a semitransparent black background.
That dialog pops up and disappears right after popping. Then the next dialog arises ...

2. Duet3D Ethernet (no WIFI)

3. I see, thank you for that question. I did not installed 2.02a yet. Gonna update after finish of running print job.
January 27, 2019 12:52PM
You may be able to get some more details of the error by pressing control-shift-J to open the browser debugging console. When the error occurs, see if any Javascript exceptions have been reported.

January 27, 2019 11:16PM
I'll remember your hint next time.

But I hope, that you already killed the bug with -a release.
Thank you for your support!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login