Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

no/wrong statistics on rc3

Posted by Brummie 
no/wrong statistics on rc3
December 15, 2018 08:19AM
Hello,

after failures from rc5 I went back to rc3 (I reinstalled the firmware and webif for rc3). Til now the network connection error was the only error I noticed with rc3.
Today I realized a new quirk:

when connecting to duet3d, the slider advances to 100%, the layer count (in text) will not be updated any more, but the layer statistics will be updated.
... and there are no estimations about expected end of printjob ...

stil about 13h to print.

by the way: does is help, when I enable sd-logging on next big printjob?
How much space should I provide for an 24h print?
Re: no/wrong statistics on rc3
December 15, 2018 01:00PM
The code to count layers was improved in RC4 because it was getting confused by GCodes that result from Z lift configured in the slicer. I suggest you try 2.02RC6.

SD card logging only records print start, stop, and exceptions such as pausing and error messages; so it doesn't normally need much space on the SD card.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2018 01:01PM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
December 16, 2018 10:45AM
Ok, I see.

I tried rc6: is it intended, that firmware asks for password again, when executing emergency stop from webif?
December 16, 2018 02:32PM
It should only ask for the password when you reload Duet Web Control or reboot the Duet.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

December 17, 2018 01:46AM
Well, after emergency stop Duet performs a reboot.
The reauthentification is new to rc6 - I was never asked for password again on previous releases
December 17, 2018 03:18AM
Brummie
Well, after emergency stop Duet performs a reboot.
The reauthentification is new to rc6 - I was never asked for password again on previous releases

The authentication mechanism hasn't changed in RC6 or any of the previous 2.02RC releases.

December 18, 2018 12:01AM
Hm, something must have changed. May be, the reauthentification is just a side effect?

On previous 2.02RC releases I wasn't asked for password again after emergency stop.
I use firefox on linux system.
December 18, 2018 02:42AM
If you upgraded Duet Web Control at the same time, it may be DWC that has changed.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login