Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Any printers that come with a duet WiFi as standard?

Posted by veryevil 
Any printers that come with a duet WiFi as standard?
January 05, 2019 07:06AM
Hi, I have been looking at getting a new printer and possibly one for work but I've been spoilt by the duet in my ormerod and all the printers I can find have poor 8-bit controllers in.

Was looking at the CR-10 but that's doesn't even have bed leveling without recompiling without SD card support.

Have you partnered with any one or know of somewhere that offers Kit with a duet as standard?
Re: Any printers that come with a duet WiFi as standard?
January 05, 2019 12:03PM
Several OEMs use Duets in their ready-built printers, but the only kit manufacturers I can think of that sell complete kits with Duets included are SeeMeCNC (Rostock Max 3.2 and Artemis) and Project R3D (RailCore kits). There are a few others selling mechanical kits for which the recommend controller is a Duet, for example E3D's tool changer (in beta) and Zatsit (in Kickstarter).

Several Ender 3 owners have upgraded their electronics to Duet Maestro, and several CR-10 owners have upgraded to Duet WiFi.

HTH David

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
January 06, 2019 05:24AM
Hi, doesn't have to be a kit OEM ones would be fine. Will have a look at the ones mentioned.
January 11, 2019 01:22AM
Hi, which OEMs use the duet?

Thanks.
January 11, 2019 02:44AM
Here are some OEMs who use Duets (not necessarily the WiFi) in no particular order: Tractus3D, Fusion 3, 3D Platform, M3D, Ooznest. SeeMeCNC and Project R3D sell completed printers as well as kits. There are several others, I'm not involved in sales so I don't know them all.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
April 17, 2019 01:43AM
the best bet for someone is to grab any printer (ok if you can afford it you can go to a turn key solution) and add it a duet. it is cheaper and more fan . that way you can have the best controller hardware out there in a cheap printer....

Delta Printer
Duet 0.8.5 firmware 1.19
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login