Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

PID H1 Autotune message

Posted by MKSA 
PID H1 Autotune message
January 11, 2019 03:21AM
@DC42

I am getting this info msg

Warning: Heater 1 appears to be over-powered. If left on at full power, its temperature is predicted to reach 784C.

On what base ? dT/dt or else ? Just curious. Not such thing as enough power, enough memory , enough .... smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2019 03:23AM by MKSA.

"A comical prototype doesn't mean a dumb idea is possible" (Thunderf00t)
Re: PID H1 Autotune message
January 11, 2019 12:52PM
The estimate is based on the characteristics of your heater that the firmware measured, making the simplifying assumption that Newton's Law of Cooling applies (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newton%27s_law_of_cooling).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2019 12:52PM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
January 13, 2019 07:10PM
I see this message on the PanelDue everytime I turn on the printer. Is there any way to stop it from doing this every time the machine is turned on? I understand the warning when you initially tune the machine, but everyone power on is just annoying.
January 14, 2019 03:58AM
The next version of PanelDueFirmware will have an option not to display information messages as popups, only error messages.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login