Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Duet auto delta calibration

Posted by Rox93 
Duet auto delta calibration
May 14, 2019 01:39PM
Hi everybody, i've been working on a delta, full Duet electronic, i have an issue: when i print a cube it usually its pretty good in misuraments, sometimes on the base its a little less then 20.00 but its fine, if i print the same object after the auto calibration, the cube its like 19,58 or so,
what could be the issue? olso there is a way to read what happens to the config after the auto calibration? thank you.
Re: Duet auto delta calibration
May 14, 2019 05:02PM
How many factors are you calibrating? It's usually best not to let it adjust the rod lengths, because you should know them fairly accurately anyway, and changing them affects scaling. So use 6 or 8 factor calibration, not 7 or 9 factor.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2019 05:03PM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
May 14, 2019 06:15PM
I am using 8 factors, i can try maybe 6

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2019 06:19PM by Rox93.
May 15, 2019 02:01AM
You probably have a geometric error in your mechanics that auto calibration can't compensate for, so it is adjusting another factor instead to do the best it can. See [duet3d.dozuki.com] for the most common causes.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

May 15, 2019 04:10AM
My build its really accurate, base and top sheet laser cut with cnc holes for towers positioning, made with 4080 profile cnc drilled for the linear railes, so evertything must be in place, the printer has been designed in inventor so i have a super accurate delta radious.

If i print without auto delta calibration i get good results but after that it mess up everything. The motors on the towers have to be in a order? (like On the left i must have Y, mid Z and right X, just wondering if its random or must have a order)

In the Zip there is my bed and config files

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/15/2019 01:15PM by Rox93.
Attachments:
open | download - download.zip (6.9 KB)
open | download - 54278568_372525343589315_3775028364851544064_n.jpg (195.1 KB)
May 15, 2019 02:06PM
Rox93
The motors on the towers have to be in a order? (like On the left i must have Y, mid Z and right X, just wondering if its random or must have a order)

X must be front left, Y must be front right, and Z must be centre rear. It sounds like you have X and Y swapped. Your prints will be mirrored.

May 15, 2019 04:16PM
No then the motor position its right, i tried all autocalibration with all factors: 3,4,6,7,8,9.

Every time i get little changes on delta radious, from 171,96 to maybe 171,98/172,10 after some calibration, endstops just +- 0,05 so i guess its fine, tilt only 0,10% BUT always set the rod lenght from 360,22 (haydn mag rods) to a lot more 369/370 so i cant really understand where the problem can be
May 24, 2019 06:00AM
A new Factor came in, i added a wifi extender cause my printer was far from my WIFI modem, now i see that 50% of the tiimes i start the printer it connect to main modem and look like it has some old config or factors that are loaded, i had some issues with uploading Config files sometimes since it was far and disconnections happned while loading, what is the best way to delete all old files and keep the new one? everything about the printer is inside the SD or something goes in the mobo itself? thank you.
May 24, 2019 07:31AM
No then the motor position its right, i tried all autocalibration with all factors: 3,4,6,7,8,9.

Every time i get little changes on delta radious, from 171,96 to maybe 171,98/172,10 after some calibration, endstops just +- 0,05 so i guess its fine, tilt only 0,10% BUT always set the rod lenght from 360,22 (haydn mag rods) to a lot more 369/370 so i cant really understand where the problem can be
May 24, 2019 07:32AM
A new Factor came in, i added a wifi extender because my printer was far from my modem, now 50% of the tiimes i start the printer tries connect to main modem and not extender ( i did edit both config and config bak) and look like it has some old config or factors that are loaded.

I had some issue while upload Config files sometimes since it was far and disconnections happened while loading, what is the best way to delete all old files and keep the new one?
Everything about the printer is inside the SD or something goes in the mobo itself?
I olso delete the override file, without override the M501 maybe its making troubles?
and olso i dont know how override has generated, i had troubles connecting to the extender and after few restarts of the printer it was just there from nothing.

Sorry for the many questions but i really dont know how to overcome this calibration issue.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login