Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

DeutWiFi & BLTouch connections vs Duet 2 Maestro

Posted by Dunston-UK 
DeutWiFi & BLTouch connections vs Duet 2 Maestro
September 12, 2019 05:19AM
Hi all

Yes, I do know the connections that are used in the DuetWifi board for the touch, however, on the Duet 2 Maestro board, you connect directly to the header Z probe, has this now been implemented on the DueteWifi as well? if you use an expansion board with the DueteWiFi it uses the expansion header, so where then do you connect a BLTouch too?

Thanks
Re: DeutWiFi & BLTouch connections vs Duet 2 Maestro
September 12, 2019 05:08PM
No, on the Duet WiFi there is no 5V power available on the Z probe connector, and the output pin on that connector is not PWM capable. That's why you have to connect the BLTouch to the expansion connector as well.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
September 17, 2019 05:19AM
Thank you dc42, so you have to still piggyback onto the expansion header even when using expansion board correct?
September 17, 2019 08:35AM
Dunston-UK
Thank you dc42, so you have to still piggyback onto the expansion header even when using expansion board correct?

If you have a DueX2 or DueX5 connected to your Duet, you plug the 3 servo wires from the BLTouch into one of the PWM connectors on the DueX. The black and white wires still go to the Z probe connector.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login