Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Tool 1 was not driven because its heater temperatures were not high enough or it has a heater fault

Posted by htrabbit 
I have a coreXY Tronxy X5S-2E. the only way to fix one of these is to throw away their controller and put a real one in. Sadly the advertised "Dual Color" was crap and as a newbie i fell for it.
the problem i have is none of the slicers like 2 extruders and one hot end. at random spots in the gcode the slicer will shut off the heater for T0 or T1 when not in use, this of course shuts off the hot end period.
then i get the "Tool 1 was not driven because its heater temperatures were not high enough or it has a heater fault"

The problem is the duet 2 wifi just shuts off the extruder as well and continues to print in thin air.

Is there a way to have the Duet 2 pause print at this point.

All advise is appreciated.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

There is no Gravity..........Taxes SUCK!
Is the heater going into the Fault state? If so, have you looked at the Troubleshooting pages on the Duet wiki? In particular [duet3d.dozuki.com] ?

There are plenty of users running multi-colour hot ends with Duets. Most if not all popular slicers support them now.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/20/2020 02:55PM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
it did not fault, the Cura slicer issued a T0 S0 in the gcode. it decided that it did not need T0 anymore and shut the heater off. 1 heater and 2 extruders has always been a problem for these slicers. I just need a way to catch it.
in no way did the Duet fail, it did what it was told.
I just need it to react differently, I need it to pause rather than keep going without extrusion.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/20/2020 10:55PM by htrabbit.
You might like to post this in the forum at duet3d.com, mentioning Cura in the title. There is a Cura expert on that forum.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/2020 01:44AM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
htrabbit
it did not fault, the Cura slicer issued a T0 S0 in the gcode. it decided that it did not need T0 anymore and shut the heater off. 1 heater and 2 extruders has always been a problem for these slicers. I just need a way to catch it.
in no way did the Duet fail, it did what it was told.
I just need it to react differently, I need it to pause rather than keep going without extrusion.

I have a E3D Cyclops on my Cartesian printer. CURA does work with this setup, but I find that either CURA or Simplify3D require you to define two heaters. You just tell the firmware to treat the two heaters as the same one. My Duet isn't on this machine, I have a Rambo running 1.1.8 Marlin. There are pretty explicit requirements to deal with two extruders with only one nozzle/heater. The key is to tell the firmware to that there is one nozzle, never disable steppers and to not turn off or change the unused heater.

DLC

Kits: Folgertech Kossel 2020 upgraded E3Dv6, Anet A8 upgraded E3Dv6, Tevo Tarantula enhanced parts and dual-head, TronXY X5SA Pro(E3DHemera).
Scratch: Large bed Cartesian, exchangeable heads, Linear slide Delta, Maker-Beam XL Micro Delta, 220x220CoreXY.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login