Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Duet web interface 3.1.1 print duration?

Posted by dlc60 
Duet web interface 3.1.1 print duration?
June 07, 2020 04:12PM
I have a Duet 2 Maestro running the most recent firmware (3.something) on my scratch-built small CoreXY machine. Duet kicks the Marlin/Octoprint combo up one side and down the other of the road, IMO. With a couple of minor nits.
The Duet tracks times it takes per layer, which is totally cool, but I benchmark my high-speed attempts by looking at the elapsed print time at the end of a print, which the Duet does NOT do, the job duration time is n/a at the end of a print. This seems really strange with all the other intuitive aspects of the RepRap firmware and the Duet web interface. Is there a setting to set or a request form to fill out to get the web interface or the display to tell how long the full print took? I am sure it should be there somewhere, but I cannot find that time.

This system is awesome, I now feel like I wish the board had WiFi so I could put it in the garage with the printer farm. Live and learn.

DLC

Kits: Folgertech Kossel 2020 upgraded E3Dv6, Anet A8 upgraded E3Dv6, Tevo Tarantula enhanced parts and dual-head, TronXY X5SA Pro(E3DHemera).
Scratch: Large bed Cartesian, exchangeable heads, Linear slide Delta, Maker-Beam XL Micro Delta, 220x220CoreXY.
Re: Duet web interface 3.1.1 print duration?
June 08, 2020 11:52AM
You can add WiFi using a nano router such as the TP-Link WR802.

Although Duet Web Control doesn't currently display the duration of the last print, if running firmware 3.1.1 you can retrieve it from the object model. It's called "job.lastDuration". So you can send:

echo job.lastDuration

and the time in seconds will be echoed to the command line. A slightly more sophisticated way is to put the following in a macro called Report Last Print Time:

M291 P{"Last print time was " ^ floor(job.lastDuration/3600) ^ " hours " ^ floor(mod(job.lastDuration,3600)/60) ^ " minutes"}

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2020 11:53AM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Re: Duet web interface 3.1.1 print duration?
June 08, 2020 04:37PM
dc42
You can add WiFi using a nano router such as the TP-Link WR802.

Although Duet Web Control doesn't currently display the duration of the last print, if running firmware 3.1.1 you can retrieve it from the object model. It's called "job.lastDuration". So you can send:

echo job.lastDuration

and the time in seconds will be echoed to the command line. A slightly more sophisticated way is to put the following in a macro called Report Last Print Time:

M291 P{"Last print time was " ^ floor(job.lastDuration/3600) ^ " hours " ^ floor(mod(job.lastDuration,3600)/60) ^ " minutes"}

That works, I assume that the "echo" command is typed in the console?
And if I add the M291 code to my post-processing in the gcode file then the print time will be output to the graphics display?

Be well,
DLC

Kits: Folgertech Kossel 2020 upgraded E3Dv6, Anet A8 upgraded E3Dv6, Tevo Tarantula enhanced parts and dual-head, TronXY X5SA Pro(E3DHemera).
Scratch: Large bed Cartesian, exchangeable heads, Linear slide Delta, Maker-Beam XL Micro Delta, 220x220CoreXY.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login