Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Best Firmware / Web Control for Duet 0.6

Posted by ntsewell 
Best Firmware / Web Control for Duet 0.6
May 03, 2021 04:27PM
Hi everyone,

I've had my RepRap printer since the last quarter of 2015, and although I used it a lot for the first 3 years, children and life got in the way and I haven't used it much over the past couple of years.

I recently dug it out, gave it a clean up, unblocked the nozzle and printed a calibration cube I first printed on 12 Jan 2016! It worked great! But it I got a few AJAX errors (drop outs) during printing, and actually it's pretty inconvenient now having the plug the thing into the wired network at home. So, I have three questions that I'm hoping the hive mind might help me with!

1) What version of the firmware would people recommend for this old beast (Duet 0.6) - currently I'm running 1.09c-dc42 (2015-06-25) (RapRepFirmware)
2) What web interface would you recommend (currently HTML: 1.06, JS: 1.06
3) Is there a sensible way to run it either on the USB or, if not, what networking solution would you recommend please?

Thank you in advance everyone!
Re: Best Firmware / Web Control for Duet 0.6
May 05, 2021 02:52AM
1. RepRapFirmware.bin 1.26.1 from [github.com]. Caution, you will probably have to make some changes to your config.g file to get it working correctly. The simplest option is to back up the contents of the /sys folder of your SD card, then use the online configurator at [configtool.reprapfirmware.org] to generate a new set of files.
2. Duet Web Control 2.0.7 from the same location. Alternatively, Duet Web Control 1.22.6.
3. Yes it's possible to run it over USB, but the network interface makes it much easier to use and provides fast file upload to the SD card. Connect the Duet to your router using an Ethernet cable.

More support available at [forum.duet3d.com].

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2021 02:52AM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login