Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Duet2 WiFi V1.04

Posted by catmandu 
Duet2 WiFi V1.04
November 17, 2022 09:01AM
Hello
I have been given a Duet2 WiFi V1.04 board amongst a few other things including about 5/6 sd cards, but of course there is a problem| The board came without a sd card in it and none of the cards that came with it hold reprap firmware of any sort I understand that the board is supplied pre flashed and if that is true then it seems that the firmware has been "erased". If this is the case is it possible to reinstall the firmware and if so what files will I need to do it, I intend using it on a linear delta. I already have 2 deltas running RRF WiFi , but on SKR1.4Turbo boards, and I have no experience with Duet boards at all. Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Re: Duet2 WiFi V1.04
November 20, 2022 05:08AM
This page [docs.duet3d.com] describes the structure and files you need on the SD card. You can get the firmware and network files from the latest release in [github.com] and you can generate the configuration files for your machine using the configuration tool at [configtool.reprapfirmware.org]. If the firmware has been erased then you can reinstall it using Bossa, see [docs.duet3d.com].

HTH David

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
November 23, 2022 10:05AM
Thanks for that David, this is the first time I have tried a Duet board so going forward is a very sharp learning curve! Since I first posted I have had time to delve into the board further and the first thing I discovered was that it did have firmware flashed to it which turned out to be 2.03.3 and so decided to try and get the board up and running before attempting an upgrade. I used the files from the 2.03 repository.So through the leads you supplied I managed to get an SD card built etc. and try to connect the WiFi, unfortunately have come up against a brick wall inasmuch as everything seems to be set up properly ( I used cutecom) but the WiFi still will not connect, the only thing wrong as far as I can see is that the led on the wifi unit does not stay on when M552 S0 is sent to further complicate things our ISP (Vodafone) changed the router which resulted the failure of the paper printers to connect via WPS, they of course insist that the router is 100% and HP insist that there is no problem with the printers.
The board is recognised by the computer running lsusb but is not listed on the router program and the board connects to cutecom no problem but will not connect to Bossa.
Attachments:
open | download - Screenshot from 2022-11-23 12-57-12.png (183.6 KB)
open | download - Screenshot from 2022-11-23 12-56-43.png (215.2 KB)
open | download - Screenshot from 2022-11-23 12-53-14.png (178 KB)
November 23, 2022 12:48PM
The board will only connect to Bossa if you first erase the firmware, by placing a jumper across the Erase pins. Remove the jumper before you use Bossa to program the board.

The command M552 S0 does not connect to WiFi, it merely puts the WiFi module in Idle mode. You can then use M557 to program the SSID and password. See [docs.duet3d.com].

To get a faster response to your questions, I suggest you post them at [forum.duet3d.com].

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login