Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Smoothie stuttering -- "look-ahead" option?

Posted by StlLooking 
Smoothie stuttering -- "look-ahead" option?
March 10, 2018 01:21PM
Hi,

Anycubic Delta with latest smoothie firmware.

I am printing a section of 1-1/2" internal Acme thread at 60mm/s and about three times per revolution the Smoothie is pausing/stopping for a fraction of a second and causing a small ooze-blob. Not desirable for a thread. smiling smiley

I tried both Slic3r and Cura latest versions and Cura is much better with the blobs being about once per revolution.

Is there some form of look-ahead setting that I can try to fix this?

Or is this a buffer-clearing/garbage-collection thing of the Smoothie firmware?

The kicker is that when I had the RAMPS+Mega board in before the Smoothie and running at 55mm/s this never happened with either Slicer. Dropping to 55mm/s for the Smoothie makes no difference, I still get the blobs.
Re: Smoothie stuttering -- "look-ahead" option?
August 10, 2018 07:25AM
What's likely happeninig is your original file is too high resolution, so your host is trying to transmit more data ( more gcode lines per millemeter ) than the usb or serial line is capable of handling.

Because other boards are slower they eat gcode slower and this tends not to be a problem, smoothie tends to eat block faster, and the look-ahead ( which exist by default ) will cause those stops.

You souhld look at reducing the resolution of the original 3DĀ file, or change the resolution setting in Slic3r to a higher value.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login