Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Real Smoothieboard

Posted by NAP1947 
Real Smoothieboard
September 25, 2019 09:16AM
Hello, in the spirit of helping the developers of Smoothie, I have been trying to buy a SmoothieBoard here in Canada.
No one has them available, they seem equally hard to find in the US (but import penalties from there to here are significant).
I can find other boards that state they are Smoothie but appear to be clones.
Are real Smoothieboards still available and is so where?
Re: Real Smoothieboard
September 25, 2019 10:09AM
smoothieboard v2 is on kick starter now. I doubt anyone will sell the old v1 now

But check out the official list of sellers
[smoothieware.org]
November 26, 2019 06:13AM
I have been unable to buy a true smoothieboard so I opted for a BigTreeTech imitation, that is proving to be nothing but frustration and I am going to return it.
That leaves me with no controller for my delta (I successfully destroyed my original MKS).
Can someone advise a board that is not only available but has good support for novice user?
November 27, 2019 03:21AM
Are you looking for a board that runs Smoothieware in particular? If not, then have you considered a Duet? Duets are very popular for deltas, because of the built-in least squares delta auto calibration and the segmentation-free delta kinematics.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
November 27, 2019 04:40AM
Thank you for your response..
I decided to keep it simple and ordered an MKS V1.4 8 bit.
I can remain with Marlin firmware as well as the supporting software and not spend a lot on what is really a pretty cheap unit.
Cheers
April 01, 2020 06:03PM
If you email wolf.arthur@gmail.com directly I can probably find a second hand board for you.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login