Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Need help identifying a controller board.

Posted by firefly555 
Need help identifying a controller board.
September 24, 2017 07:47PM
I'm trying to locate OSX drivers for this board that comes in the BIQU Magician delta printer. The PCB has "BQ111-A3" on it and the touch screen's PCB has "BQ112-A3" stenciled. The board came pre-mounted so I can't get to the underside without disassembling everything. The controller is marketed as a "BIGTREETECH 32 Bits MainBoard". Based on the GUI, as far as I can tell since there isn't a menu About option, it's running Smoothieware (I'm coming from a Marlin world so this is my best guess).

Anyone seen this board before and know what drivers I should be using to talk to it?
Attachments:
open | download - bigtreetech BQ111-A3.png (464.9 KB)
Re: Need help identifying a controller board.
September 24, 2017 08:22PM
If its a smoothieboard clone

"If using Linux or Mac, just plug the USB cable into the computer and the Smoothieboard, and everything should work right out of the box."

shouldn't need drivers. Usb is wired directly to main CPU
September 25, 2017 09:02AM
The board shows up fine under Linux. I'm using OSX 10.12 - I'll dig deeper to see if there are any system error messages when I plug in the board.
September 25, 2017 09:54PM
Under Linux, Pronterface works fine. In the kernel log, the board showed up as "CP2102 USB to UART Bridge Controller" so I figure it could be missing the VCP driver on the Mac. I installed the driver from Silicon Labs and the board is now showing up, and Pronterface is working fine.

Got the VCP driver from here: [www.silabs.com]

Unfortunately, I still can't identify the board, but at least I can talk to it.

*edit* Finally got word from the manufacturer. Biqu says "Because it is our latest research and development, so the market has no spare parts"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/26/2017 09:11AM by firefly555.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login