Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Change pin to control bed heater

Posted by rrowan327 
Change pin to control bed heater
January 15, 2018 12:31PM
Hi Folks,

I don't want to use the "big" mosfet to control my bed heater since I am using an external mosfet which only needs a signal to turn it on or off. What GPIO can I use?
I want to use the 2.5 pin to control a strip of LEDs.

Thanks
Re: Change pin to control bed heater
March 16, 2018 06:27AM
I might be wrong but, you just want to change that and look from here the right pin

temperature_control.bed.enable               true             # Whether to activate this ( "hotend" ) module at all.
temperature_control.bed.thermistor_pin       0.24             # Pin for the thermistor to read
temperature_control.bed.heater_pin           2.7              # Pin that controls the heater
temperature_control.bed.thermistor           Honeywell100K    # See [smoothieware.org]
#temperature_control.bed.beta                3974             # Or set the beta value
temperature_control.bed.set_m_code           140              # M-code to set the temperature for this module
temperature_control.bed.set_and_wait_m_code  190              # M-code to set-and-wait for this module
temperature_control.bed.designator           B                # Designator letter for this module

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2018 06:29AM by kapperi.
Re: Change pin to control bed heater
March 16, 2018 07:15AM
The pins available depend on which board you have and whether you have a RRD GLCD module attached. There are some potentially available pins near the network connector on the left side of this diagram:

If you have a 4 motor driver board, the pins for the 5th driver are available, etc.

See also: [smoothieware.org] (search for the word "spare")

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2018 07:16AM by the_digital_dentist.

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login