Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Homing not work as expected.

Posted by eslavko 
Homing not work as expected.
April 23, 2020 01:04PM
Hello...
I have issue with homing. I did test only for X (alpha).
I do all controll over new web interface.
Smoothie binary is latest from web, board is v1.1.

After I issue home X they goes to the switch and home properly with retract and rehome.
The issue is that coordinate is not set as should be (-5) and I trip limit switch if I issue G0X0.

I expect that after homing the axis is retracted 10mm. But as alpha_min is -5 then axis position should be 5 instead 10 I got.
Any Idea?

The endstops and soft limit part.

endstops_enable                              true             # The endstop module is enabled by default and can be disabled
soft_endstop.enable                          true             # Enable soft endstops
soft_endstop.halt                            false            # Whether to issue a HALT/or ignore when hitting a soft endstop

alpha_min_endstop                            1.24^            # Pin to read min endstop, add a ! to invert
alpha_max_endstop                            1.25^            # NOTE set to nc if this is not installed
alpha_limit_enable 		             true 	      # If set to true, the machine will stop if endstops are hit 
alpha_homing_direction                       home_to_min      # Or set to home_to_max and set alpha_max and uncomment the alpha_min                                    -5               # This gets as the position after homing when home_to_min is set

alpha_homing_retract_mm                      10               # Distance to retract from the endstop after it is hit 
alpha_max_travel 		             600 	      #	This determines how far the axis can travel before gives up
alpha_fast_homing_rate_mm_s 		     100 	      # Speed, home for the actuator  
alpha_slow_homing_rate_mm_s 		     20 	      #	Speed at which to re-home when endstop is hit once. 
soft_endstop.x_min                           0                # Minimum X position
soft_endstop.x_max                           570              # Maximum X position
Re: Homing not work as expected.
April 23, 2020 01:31PM
Found error myself...

One of comments line are longer than 132 characters and that cause problem.
... actually the last line of config was too long and has that efect....

After removing that comment all things work as should.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login