Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

kossel linear plus with smoothieware

Posted by ormerodnewb 
kossel linear plus with smoothieware
November 07, 2020 03:27AM
I purchased a delta kossel linear plus delta printer (the first delta printer I own) Also the first time interacting with smoothieware firmware... so a lot of unknowns, but it was working... it had a smart RepRap LCD 12864 Display installed, and I had an MKS 3.5 TFT v1.0 touchscreen and wanted to attach it to the mks sbase 1.3 board the printer was converted to (with external 2208 drivers externally powered by 24v system) very interesting setup anyway ... a titan extruder e3d hotend ... anyway ... had a couple of hiccups with the touchscreen, but after I got it to work and started a print... the printer stopped extruding... somewhere in the code I saw the steps/mm for the extruder... and I did not see it after the tft screen installation, might have missed it cause I just scrolled through the sd card smoothieware firmware config quickly beforehand. Anyway ... i only see info for the 3 steppers that drive the arms of the delta, nothing about the extruder... how do I set up my extruder? Can anyone help me out with making the extruder actually extrude ... as the print started I manually turned the extruder wheel and it was printing ... but I obviously don't want to manually extrude my prints... it is surely something easy to configure... so yeah, if there is anyone out there that can help me, please do or at least point me in the right direction... I have read a few posts and have seen that mks hardware is frowned upon ... but it was not my choice to buy this board, I just bought a delta printer that happens to have this board and firmware that I am unfamiliar with, so bear with me and don't judge the hardware since it isn't something I would ever buy... I would still buy a Chinese board, but it would be an skr 1.4 turbo BTT is my to-go board brand and those are not clones of other boards, as far as I know, they are designed by BTT and they have their own community built around them. If they are clones (skr series) point me towards the original design, since I am completely unaware of another brand making such boards. Thanks!
Re: kossel linear plus with smoothieware
November 07, 2020 05:03AM
extruder.hotend.steps_per_mm

and many other extruder related options [smoothieware.org]
November 07, 2020 09:04AM
where do I insert this? and does the value come after? how do you comment/uncomment things?
November 07, 2020 09:42AM
Look at the page I linked.

comments start with #
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login